What can I do to improve my nasolabial folds? I've already tried fillers in the lateral cheeks. (photos)

Hello. I have natural nasolabial fold that are becoming more prominent. I'm 37 years old. I've tried Voluma, fat grafting and Radiesse in the lateral cheeks to try and lift the NLFs. It hasn't done much to help. Last time I got 3ccs of voluma total in my cheeks. What else can I do? More filler in cheeks? Where? In NLFs? I want to soften my appearance. Thank you. :)

Nasolabial folds

I would recommend additional filler in the cheeks like a voluma, or sculptra. I would also recommend filler directly to the nasolabial folds as well.

Filler to nasolabial folds

I would consider putting some filler directly into the nasolabial folds.  This would be a straightforward treatment for an experienced injector.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Filling of Nasolabial Folds

Dear gemma2110:

Looking at your photos and question, I would recommend the next step being filling of the nasolabial folds with a HA filler like Juvederm Volift by an expert injector.  Best wishes.

Nl folds

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for further facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. In particular, I think you would benefit from some additional Voluma in your cheeks. As you probably know, Voluma is a thicker HA filler that is meant to be placed deep so as to provide structure and lift. You also may benefit from some filler placed directly into the nasolabial lines, but these lines may soften to your liking with the Voluma alone. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon