How do I fix my double bubble, dropout, and muscle detachment?

I've had two surgeries by the same doctor. The first one was a standard breast aug and the double bubble that was created can be seen in my other posts. The second surgery consisted of my doctor basically just cutting my 'double bubble line' to 'release the tissue'. The double bubble has gotten better but is still there. My breast continue to bottom out and what I assume is a muscle detachment on my left breast. I have tingly/painful sensations in both breasts.

Revision Breast Surgery

From your description of the revision surgery, there was little understanding on your surgeons part of the cause of the double bubble. Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in revision breast surgery.  Be prepared for paying for new, smaller implants, and either mesh or  an ADM to repair your inframammary fold and pectoralis muscle. 

Double bubble

Thank you the question and photos and the good news is that there are several ways to fix your problem.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and become informed.  Be sure to look at photos of patients with similar problems to yourself

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Repairing a double bubble

There is more than one way to correct your problem - all of them require a revision surgery to reposition the implant back into it's normal location and fix the "crease" in the lower pole of your breast.  Discuss your options with your surgeon, and if you don't feel confident with the answers you get from him/her, obtain a second opinion by another surgeon with experience in secondary cosmetic breast surgery.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Repairing a double bubble

In order to correct this problem, the inferior pole must be repaired. This can be done with a capsulorrhaphy, where the lower part of the implant space is closed, lifting the implant back into a better position. Alternatively, a supportive mesh can be placed over the repair to bolster it further. This is somewhat of a temporary foreign body where there may be a slightly higher risk of infection or fluid collection and it may add a significant cost to the procedure. Discuss the options with your surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon