Will 450cc's be too big? (Photo)

I'm 5'2, 100 lbs. My doctor said I had 2 different sized breasts so I will need different sized hp implants. I tried on 350cc on the left and 400ccs on the right.I loved how these looked but Read about how you loose 10% going under the muscle. tried on 400 on the left and 450 on the right & felt it was a bit too big.should go with this size since I'm getting them under the muscle? how does having some breast tissue affect how implants will look?I can only find results where girls start off with hardly any.Does this affect how big my implants will look? Should I go with the smaller size because of this?

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link

Implant size

It is very common for one breast to be slighty different than the other.  I don't think that 10% thing people talk about under the muscle is true in reality.  The volume of the implant does not change by placing it under the muscle.  I typically ask patients to bring some pictures of the "look" they are trying to achieve.  This helps me a lot when planning for surgeries.  If based on your body measurements you could accomidate both sizes of implants, then you have to ask yourself if you are afraid of being too big, or too small, after surgery. If you are afraid of being too small then consider going for the larger implant.  If you are afraid of being too big then consder the smaller implants.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

450cc's too big?

Hello sbxo hope all is well, thank you for the questions and the pictures. From the photographs I can asses that you have a fair amount of your own breast tissue, implants of 450 cc will definitely make a noticeable difference to your frame. I recommend that you bring goal pictures to your surgeon so that you can communicate what your looking for. I recommend that you focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation there is a lot of other factors involved. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Implant size

You have a fair amount of your own breast tissue with a slim build.  450! Cc implants will definitely make you a D cup.  I think it would be a bit on the large side.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

450cc's too big?

It is difficult to answer this question without knowing what you want to look like after surgery.  It is best for a surgeon to see the overall look (size/shape) of the breasts you wish to look like before making suggestion of cc's.  Also the amount of breast tissue you have does determine how many cc's you need.  I take into account a persons measurements, the amount of breast tissue they have and the look they want to achieve before I make a recommendation on implant size.  Seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck to you! 

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Will 450cc's be too big?

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

450 cc implants too big?

From your photos and body description, 450 cc seems too large for your body and breasts to look normal.  This should be up top your surgeon at the time of surgery when different sizes are tried.

Breast implant sizing

Thank for your inquiry,  you are right your final result is your own breast plus the volume of the implant. The HP implnts come in 25 cc increments, thus you could consider 375 and 425 cc as well.  Maybe have your surgeon discuss this option.  Good Luck.  

Breast Implant Sizing

Although using sizers is my preferred method of determining goal appearances, you would need to be biodimensionally measured to determine your soft tissue capacity for a breast implant size. These are a few simple measurements of your breasts which can help keep you and the surgeon out of trouble.  If it is determined that 400 or 450 cc implants would fit, then it would probably be what you want.

Do yourself a favor and make sure you get an inframammary incision too.  It will substantially reduce your risk of implant contamination and capsular contracture. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

450cc or not?

What implant size fits best is determined by your nipple position; if you choose one of the larger implants, you will have to consider a lift in order to keep your nipple centered on your new breast mound; From the photograph, I would caution you about going larger than the 400cc's, unless you get a lift.

Arian Mowlavi, MD