I lost 130 lbs and have extra skin on my stomach area, would this need a tummy tuck or is there another procedure? (Photos)

I go to the gym 5 days a week for the last 2 years, i want to try and get my stomach skin removed and possibly the extra skin on my chest. I was looking around to see the average cost and specifically, which procedure I would need.

I lost 130 lbs and have extra skin on my stomach area, would this need a tummy tuck or is there another procedure?

Hello, Thank you so much for your questions and pictures. The Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck is the operation consistent in the removal of the excess of skinand fat abdominal and in the correction of the flaccidity muscle. Best wishes!

Cost for body contouring

Costs for body contouring are variable based on length of operation and exactly what procedures will be performed.  it is best to be seen in person for a consultation.  You look like you will benefit from body contouring with removal of your excess skin.  Good luck 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. The only way to remove excess skin is by removing it. This would qualify as tummy tuck. You would benefit the most from a mini TT to remove the skin from the lower abdomen. The costs vary depending on the region so your best bet is to call surgeons in your area of interest and get quotes. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  You would definitely be a candidate for a TT and a male breast skin reduction.  Seek a consultation from a Board Certified PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Malibu tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You would be a candidate for tummy tuck. A tummy tuck removes excess skin and tightens the tummy muscles.  I invented the MALIBU tummy tuck. It gives a very natural looking tummy and belly button. In addition pain and recovery are significantly less versus traditional techniques.  It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Do I need TT after weight loss

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture loose skin of yours can be corrected with tummy tuck. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You look like a great candidate for a male Tummy Tuck and also chest skin reduction. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Extra skin on my stomach area, would i need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. First of all congratulations on your weight loss. You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure to get rid of the excess skin for your lower abdomen, you can also get rid of the excess skin on your chest along with the tummy tuck.  Prices vary a lot according to experience and board certification of the plastic surgeon, facilities, quality of the practice, region, etc...  If you're willing to travel medical tourism is an attractive way to get quality results at a lower price. Cosmetic surgery in Colombia represents an increasingly attractive option for consumers looking for the ultimate combination of quality, price, availability, service, enjoyment, and value. Prices for plastic surgery procedures can be very affordable, and often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe. However, when considering this option don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Extra skin?

If your weight has been stable for the last 6 months, then you are likely looking at a permanent amount of skin laxity.  This amount of laxity will require excision by a tummy tuck and by excision of the loose skin of your chest.  Consult a plastic surgeon in your area and discuss your options.  Costs vary widely but even the cheapest surgeons will likely charge in excess of $8000 to perform this amount of surgery.Good luck and best wishes.

Shayne Webb, MD

So I need to get on your workout plan...

Wow- congratulations man.  I think you have more options than the knee-jerk reaction of a tummy tuck.  I do a lot of massive weight loss in men and that's a completely different animal than other cosmetic surgeries.  I would be happy to consult with you and after a good evaluation, give you my best plan.  I think you are looking at a dermalipectomy on your lower abdomen (mini-tummy tuck) and excising the excess tissue on your chest and potentially grafting your nipples.  That would mean you wouldn't have a vertical incision on your chest and the transverse one can be hidden in your existing fold.  You might would like to get some peri-umbilical skin removed later so your belly button doesn't have a sad-face shape.  All things we can talk about, but I think you have options- you just have to weigh the pros and cons.-JGH