Gynecomastia? Is it something that I can benefit from ? (Photo)

I am going for a tummy tuck in 3 weeks, i am considering getting surgeon said it would be an anchor or inversed T incision. is this something you think I would benefit from? Or will more time in the gym help fill out my chest. My biggest concern is the scaring.

Is gynecomastia something you can benefit from?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

You need the best surgeon because your case is complex.

To correct the gynecomastia and improve the true gynecomastia your only option is surgical excision of the gland.don't compromise fine the best ,most experienced surgeon with gynecomastia surgery  

Mordcai Blau, MD

Are You a Candidate For Male Breast Reduction Surgery

It's not easy to determine without an in-person #consultation. However, if you are a #candidate, there are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia? Is it something that I can benefit from ?

It appears like you lost lots of weight and are now working out hard. Congratulations. It's not easy to change your habits and behavior. I'm not sure whether you have true gynecomastia or just mostly loose skin. A personal examination would solve this question as I'm sure you know. If I'm correct and loose skin is the primary problem, you will definitely need a mastopIexy (uplift), and I  feel certain you will be elated with the results, though you will have scars which should be acceptable when fully healed. Gynecomastia can be quite embarrassing for men with the problem.

Regarding the incision, the anchor or the lollipop should do the job. Your PS should know which technique to use.

Good luck to you. 

Gynecomastia surgery? Is it something that I can benefit from?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. Whether or not to undergo chest wall surgery will depend mainly on your degree of concern with the appearance of your chest wall weighed against the downsides associated with gynecomastia surgery including the presence of scars.

In your case, given the excess skin present,  skin excision will be necessary and scarring will be present.   Options will include breast lifting or nipple/areola grafting techniques.

Best wishes with your decision-making and for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.  

Gynecomastia After Weight Loss

A large portion of my practice is dedicated to gynecomastia correction. As such, I classify gynecomastia into 6 Types. Although you do not have massive amounts of excess skin, you do fall into the Type 5/Type 6 categories. Type 6 Gynecomastia patients have excess skin in multiple directions. Optimal correction requires removing all the excess skin and re-positioning the nipple on top of the pec. major muscle where it belongs.  The circular nipple/areola incision routinely heals exceptionally well because it is not under tension. The chest fold incision is more visible, but will fade over a 1-2 year period. 

For the vast majority of patients, the Free Nipple Graft is a significantly better procedure than the traditional anchor lift. The the 4 main reasons are; 1) the incision around the areola routinely becomes unnoticeable with the free nipple graft, 2) there is no vertical incision below the areola, 3) it reliably provides a flatter, more masculine result, and 4) Far fewer complications. You can read more about this technique by visiting the link provided. 

If the excess skin on your chest bothers you more than you think permanent scars will, then I would recommend pursuing gynecomastia surgery. I think you will be happy with the overall result from having both gynecomastia and a tummy tuck. If you only address your abdomen, it is possible your chest will bother you more once your stomach has been tightened. Be sure the surgeon performing your TT is a qualified gynecomastia specialist. 

Massive weight loss and gynecomastia

First, congrats on the weight loss!  Massive weight loss in men results in some challenging dilemmas. Men typically show there chest, so scarring is a major factor that must be discussed.  It appears you would benefit from a tummy tuck to remove that extra skin.  a skin tightening procedure (lift) of your chest is also likely required to tighten the skin.  this will require scars.  unless you put on a huge amount of pec muscle (professional bodybuilder chest size), I don't think you will be able to stretch the skin out. a pec implant may be an option to fill out the skin.  difficult choices to consider. discuss with your PS further on benefits vs risks.  

hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Gynecomastia surgery after massive weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss -- you are now much healthier!!

The problem is that when one is overweight, there is fat deposition on the chest (along with some breast tissue) and when weight is lost, the stretched out skin remains and the nipple is malpositioned quite low.  That is your situation.  Unfortunately, if you wish to correct this and have a trim, taut chest with nipples in their correct position, the only way to do it is with removal of the skin -- which produces scars.  There is absolutely no way around that.

Once you accept that there will be permanent scars in exchange for a tighter shape, then you should consult with a plastic surgeon, preferably one who has demonstrated expertise in these type of cases.

You can find some photos of patients similar to you on my website, which is specifically devoted to gynecomastia. (see caption below)  Check out patient #94 on the Adult Gynecomastia photo gallery.

Good luck with your tummy tuck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS

New York City

Practice sub-specialty in gynecomastia

Male chest surgery/Gynecomastia procedure

Thanks for your photo and question. Based on your photos, you are in excellent shape, but I do see some excess skin on your chest. I don't think you have any excess fat or breast tissue that would need to be removed, but I do think the loose skin needs to be surgically addressed. Lifting of your chest skin by way of an anchor or inverted T incision sounds like a great idea. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I wish you the best!

Gynecomastia surgery after weight loss

It appears from your photos that you may benefit by excising excess skin from your chest region while doing tummytuck. Discuss pros and cons with your surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD