Is it common after a touch-up hair transplant that the hair takes longer to grow in than after 1st or second procedure?

I have had 4 hair transplants in total. after the first ones, hair grew in pretty quickly after 3 months and got thicker and thicker. So after 6 months the results were always satisfying and also dense! Now I have had 2 little touch-ups and it seems to me that the hair takes way longer to grow in. Now, after 5 months, I cannot even see any hair stubbles which makes me quite insecure! So is this common due to the scar tissues that for the 4th little touch up hair needs longer to grow in?

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. Each surgery may be different.

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  Each surgery may be different.  If you are having issues contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth in second procedure

Growth varies in different surgeries and in different people. Be patient and wait 8 months to see the results which will show by then

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon