If I get my left lips touched up will juvederm still wear off unevenly? (photo)

Is it possible to just get a touch up.

Touch up of Juvederm For Lips

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have a touch up to even out your lips. This is typically done at your 2 week follow up appointment. Physicians typically wait 2 weeks to allow all swelling to subside. There should be no problem with product dissolving unevenly. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Touch up of Juvederm For Lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Touch-up on Juvederm for Lips

You can absolutely have a touch-up for your lips. I would advise you to wait two weeks after the injections to see the full results.  Then you can safely have a little more volume added.  I routinely bring back patients two weeks after the injections to see the full effect and do touch-ups.  Best, Dr. Green

Touch-up on Juvederm for Lips

Touching up uneven lips

Its been my experience that touching up uneven lips is difficult and the results aren't always perfect if more than a couple weeks has transpired. It is best to start over when the Juvederm dissolves if it is over a month. I think that the lips will dissolve unevenly and the amount of time they look good is fairly small. If it is in the window of about 2 weeks, it should be fine to do.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Touching up uneven lips

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Touch up

Great question! You absolutely can get a small touchup in the area on the L bottom to even out the bottom lip and it will still wear off evenly. IF the filler was recently done, there may still be swelling more on the Right than the Left. So I would wait in that case for any residual swelling to subside before you touch up. I hope this helps!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Touch up

Lesley Rabach, MD

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Volbella, Juvederm), implants or fat

Yes, you absolutely can get a touch-up. It should wear off evenly if the touch-up was done relatively close to the initial procedure. Keep in mind, swelling can last 1-2 weeks, so you'll want to wait for a touch-up until after you have your final results. Best, Dr. Emer

If I get my left lips touched up will juvederm still wear off unevenly?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  You can certainly have a touch up of your left lip performed in order to better balance the volume compared to your right but I would makes sure it has been at least 2-3 weeks after your initial treatment to avoid overfilling due to persistent swelling in your lip tissues.  As JVD can last for months in the lips it is unlikely that you will see a significant difference in symmetry with which it wears off.  Hope this helps.

Juvederm Touch Up

It is fine to get a touch up of Juvederm to help even out the lips.  It should wear off evenly as long as the treatments were relatively close together.  It is best to wait two weeks after the initial injection before considering further injections so that the swelling has had time to subside.

Juvederm Touch Up

Touch up with Juvederm for unevenness.

Hello newrn76,

Thank you for your question and photos. The short answer is Yes it is possible to get a touch up to make things more even. We will typically evaluate a patient 2 weeks after the injection when all swelling should have subsided and address any touch ups that may be needed. If you don't wait too long to do this then there should be no problem with things wearing off unevenly. Be well. 

Touch up with Juvederm for unevenness.

Hello newrn76,

Touch-up

If the touch-up is soon after the filler was placed, then it should be ok.  Best of luck with your results.

Touch-up