Is it possible to fix asymmetry without getting fuller lips? (Photo)

I had juvederm a few months ago and It's either uneven or it is wearing off at an uneven rate... not sure.

Fixing Lip Asymmetry After Juvederm

Thanks for your question. To fix the asymmetry of your lips requires the addition of dermal filler, which will make them fuller. Adding a small amount into the lower left portion of your lip will fix the symmetry you want. This will not make your lips appear larger overall. I recommend seeing an expert injector. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Is It Possible To Fix Asymmetry Without Getting Fuller Lips?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photo, I would recommend adding a small amount of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm in order to achieve better symmetry and most effectively address your concerns.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician

Fixing lip asymmetry

It is absolutely possible to fix lip asymmetry without adding extra volume to the lips. The asymmetry is happening because 1 side has less volume than the other. So we can add additional filler to the side that is not as full to even out the lips. The goal will be to make the lips more even and not to add volume. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who specializes in lip fillers to make sure that you get the results you are looking for and do not end up with larger lips than you want. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Is it possible to fix asymmetry without getting fuller lips?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think this asymmetry could be improved with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm placed in your left lower lip. This would increase fulness in that area, but that would be the goal. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Asymmetry and Lips

Yes, it is absolutely possible to fix asymmetry in the lips without getting fuller lips. This is an advanced technique so please consult an expert in lip fillers. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Uneven lips

I would recommend a small amount of filler to help even out the small asymmetry in your lips. You could do this without having to plump the lips. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Uneven?

Thanks for this great question. I do see the differences and I would suggest a small amount of filler material only as a "touch up" with your original injector. You should always follow up with your injector so they can see the results of their work and make sure you're totally happy as well. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Fillers Can Fix Lip Asymmetries

The short answer to your question is "yes, they can can."  From the photo it appears that your lower lip is narrower on your left side as compared to the right. If this region was uneven from the start, then it is likely poor injection technique. If, however, it was at first even and then progressed to this condition with time, it is more likely related to particular aspects of movement and expression on that side as opposed to the other. . Regardless,a small amount of filler inserted in that region should quite easily achieve or restore the symmetry you are looking for without giving you the much unwanted "duck lips" (aka "trout pout") appearance. Good luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Filler

If you feel your lips are more asymmetric then you need to be seen in person and likely filler can help.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is almost the same size as your lower and the lower lip is a bit thinner on one side. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be shaped and augmented using a dermal filler for spot changes as well as overall augmentation (Permalip can be used for overall augmentation with permanent results).

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.