How much can I augment my lips without looking totally fake? (Phoot)

I've been very self conscious about my lips for as long as I can remember. I want to get lip injections to enlarge my lips quite a bit. I don't care if my family and friends notice the change but I want it to look natural enough so that strangers won't suspect ive had work done... With my current lip size, is a drastic/ natural looking augmentation a possibility?

It’s much easier to add more filler than to correct an over-filled look.

I would recommend injecting conservatively at first, both to make sure you maintain a natural appearance and to make it easier to course correct in the future. It’s much easier to add more filler than to correct an over-filled look. In this manner, you can gradually increase your lip size to one you are comfortable and happy with. Visit a board-certified dermatologist with experience in lip augmentation for a consultation to come up with a treatment plan that will increase your lip size in a natural manner. 

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur. We have offices in Edison Marboro and Warren

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip augmentation

Hi pearlesque

Thank you for your question and photo.  Juvederm works great for lip enhancement.  We always tell our patients to start off conservative and then you can always add more at a later time.  Swelling is very prominent with lip injections so they will appear big at first until the swelling subsides.  It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or expert injector.  Best of luck

Do it gradually, you can always add more filler

both Juvaderm and Restylane are the best way to augment your lips. Go gradually, ie one syringe per session and then wait at least 10-14 days for any swelling to go away. if you put too much at once, it looks awful, plus the doctor can only inject so much filler precisely into your lip. if you try and add too much at once, it tends to "spill" over into the surrounding area.

be aware, that sometimes fillers injected into the lip, do not last as long as they do when they are injected into other areas. there is nothing you can do about this, but you should know that this can happen.

I would avoid fat injections into the lip at this time.

good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

How much can I augment my lips without looking totally fake?

Lip augmentation injections with an HA dermal filler can be staged in order to augment a 1cc amount at a time if you are concern about final results and not to over do it. I would try to avoid permanent alternatives at this time like fat grafting. this can be dome later when you have a better idea of what size lip you like.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking lip

The best advice to you to be conservative is to do one syringe at a time with a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm.  These temporary fillers are the safest way to achieve a natural result.  I would avoid fat injections or anything permanent.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation with fillers

you can make major changes with lip fillers but i suggest doing small amounts over time so your lips dont swell too much or change too drastically.  cannulas limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question, pearlesque. There are certainly natural options. The most natural option would be fat injections, which also provide a permanent result. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, skill, care and treatment available. Please be sure to indicate in your consultation your desire for a permanent or temporary result.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus to see if you like the look. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/3 of transferred fat last forever. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Augmenting lips without looking fake

Lip fillers are the best way to enhance your lips.
You should have no more than 1 syringe of filler - or you will look over-done.