Are my breasts tubular or abnormal shaped? (Photo)

Why are they spaced so far? Can i do anything? I really hate my breasts and just want natural looking breasts.

Normal breast shape and separation

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. From looking at your picture, it does not appear that you are suffering from a tubular breast deformity; however this can only be determined by an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast implants can provide added shape and volume to the chest, helping to achieve your desired aesthetic goals. I recommend that you seek the advice of an experienced surgeon, who will then fully explain your breast augmentation options.

Tuberous breasts

Your photos show limited views but do seem to indicate that you have mild tuberous breasts. In the hands of a qualified plastic surgeon should you wish larger breasts a breast augmentation will improve your appearance. Placement of the implants above the muscle (subglandular) is often the desired position selected by plastic surgeons. Finding the best one will be the most important decision to make.

#tuberousbreasts #breastaugmentation #BA

Are my breasts tubular or abnormal shaped?

Fortunately you do not have tubular breast.  The left breast looks perfectly normal to me and I cannot tell if the right breast looks different because you have raised her right arm.  If your right breast matches your left breast than they look completely normal to me.

If you are unhappy with the size or fullness of your breasts a breast augmentation can be done..  If the right breast is smaller and is not having the same way that the left breast does anyone breast implants then a small lift may be necessary on the left side  when implants are placed on both sides.   For more on asymmetry please read below:

Are my breasts Tubular?

You certainly don't have a "tubular breast deformity." There are number of characteristics with this type of breast and I don't see them in your picture. 

A plastic surgeon is not able to bring breasts closer together as is often requested by patients. The best option for you is to pick appropriate implants that matches your breast dimensions and gets you to your desired goal. It's not just about the "cc" of the implant but its dimensions (base diameter and projection). Pick a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that discusses these issues with you in detail. Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Tubular breasts?

Hi Jayquillen,

Thank you for your questions and photo.  You do appear to have a mild-moderate tubular deformity with the right (in the photo) breast being more affected than the left.  

There are many options that you can explore to enhance your breast appearance and symmetry with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. I would encourage you to schedule a consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons.  Find a surgeon that has experience with tubular breast correction that you feel comfortable with, and who has multiple before and after photos that you like that demonstrates their experience with this complex procedure. 

I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts? Can they be augmented?

Thanks for your photos and question. Based on this photo, I do not think you have tuberous breasts. I recommend a breast augmentation for improvement. I suggest you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon for a thorough evaluation and consult. All the best.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you do not have tuberous breasts.  You may be a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... from our picture, they seem to be normal small breasts. If you want to improve them, i suggest you a breast augmentation surgery. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Not tubular

You do not show signs of a tubular beast deformity. Implants placed under the muscle by an experienced breast surgeon should help correct the problems. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Are my breasts abnormal

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture they are not tuberous. They are just a variation with asymmetry and wide gap. Please consult with a PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals