After having a front view pic, will a CTT produce a good result for me? (Photo)

I am currently 5'2 150. GS on 3/2/15 and 4 c-sections 1999-2007. Total loss of 150lbs. I am looking for the best options to give the best results without multiple surgeries to 1 area. I plan to have 2 surgeries. my question is, after now having a front view pic, will a CTT produce a good result for me? I'm not looking to become a model by any means, just want to feel better. Thanks in advance and again I apologize or the repeated question dt pics failing to upload.

I think you look like an excellent candidate for a body contouring procedure

I am going to assume that by "GS" you mean "Gastric Sleeve," and by "CTT" you mean "Circumferential Tummy Tuck."  With those assumptions in mind, I personally think you look like an excellent candidate for a "CTT," and I think it would probably make you look great and feel very good about yourself.  You have done a remarkable job at losing weight and keeping it off.  You are approaching a year of stability with your new weight, and that is an important benchmark for me.  Additionally, at 5' 2" and 150 lbs, you now have a BMI (Body Mass Index, a measure of body fat content and obesity) of roughly 27, which is well under the 30 that most of us like to see before doing this type of surgery.  By the appearance of how much excess tissue you have that would be removed by such a procedure, I would not be surprised to see you instantly drop another 10 - 15 lbs, which would then put you in the neighborhood of a BMI of 25.  This is excellent considering where you started!  You have proportionate hips and buttocks which are being covered by this massively redundant and loose tissue, and I can see a dramatic improvement happening for you; it's so much fun to see such a transformation and it's why I love to do these procedures.  You might consider also a bit of liposuction to the mid-back and bra line region too, just to give you an overall better and more proportionate appearance to your torso, and all of that can be done at one time.  Otherwise, I wouldn't do anything to the torso right now.  As long as you are otherwise healthy and have no medical problems, bleeding issues or blood clotting problems, smoking or other nicotine use, or any other "medical deal breakers," I would expect you to do very well with a CTT.  Be sure that you consult with only board certified plastic surgeons who have a lot of experience with bariatric body contouring procedures, as they will be the best trained and equipped to not only produce the best results for you, but to do it safely as well.  In addition to being certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, your surgeon should also voluntarily participate in the Maintenance of Certification program administered by that board. This is the best way to know that your surgeon not only has the best training and experience for the procedure, but that he or she has maintained currency in the certification requirements as opposed to practicing on a "lifetime" certificate which has only been reviewed once at the beginning of his or her career. For more information on this you can visit ABplsurg.org, ABMS.org, and certificationmatters.org .   Good luck.

After having a front view pic, will a CTT produce a good result for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You should be very proud of the significant weight loss estimate based on your history and photographs, I think that you are likely an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck or lower body lift.   Exactly which operation you should undergo will depend mainly on her goals,  best communicated with your plastic surgeon, in front of a full-length mirror.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of  experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve your desired outcome.   You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss. Best wishes.

CTT or Circumferential Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks for reposting your pictures now with the front view. And yes, a CTT would give you the best out of the surgery also a LBL would help with your outer thighs.

Good Luck!

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

CTT?

Yes, a circumferential tummy tuck is an option. Ideally, for the optimum results of body contouring, your BMI should be about 30 or less.

Another option is a "corset" abdominoplasty including some liposuction to the flanks and/or back areas. A "corset" pattern tummy tuck will tighten skin in BOTH the horizontal AND vertical dimensions

Be sure to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate a considerable amount of experience with individuals similar to yourself.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Extended tummy tuck

Thank you for your pictures and question , I think you are a great candidate for an extended tummy tuck this will give you a good result. Please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

You look like a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover.

Mommy Makeover consists of Tummy Tuck with Breast Lift / or breast augmentation.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, Full tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.