I Am Looking to Get Huge Keloid(s) Removed As Well As a Skin Graft, How Much $?

Live in phila. 24 yrs of age. Have had keloid(s) exspand across my entire beard area. I experience pain and drainage on a daily basis. I NEED to have these removed, followed by a skin graph. I just don't know where to start. It has become more than cosmetic because my mouth and jaw area now are very painful aswell. Please help, direct me to a dermatologist, plastic surgeon etc. I am in school and working, but my all is dedicated to my medical nightmare!

Doctor Answers 2

Keloid scars on the neck and skin grafts

Skin grafting may not be the most suitable option for keloid scars that are draining.  I would recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon specializing in keloids or a photograph so that the realself forum can review. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Draining, Painful Facial Keloids

Without a photograph much less an examination it is hard to advise you. The treatment would depend on what exactly is going on. Skin grafts on the face never look natural and you will be replacing one deformity for another. I would suggest you be seen by Plastic surgeons eith at the University of Pennsylvania or Thimas Jefferson and see what they suggest. 

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.