Mommy makeover, good candidate? (Photo)

After 3 pregnancies and losing 45 lbs I'm ready to get my mid section back and really want a lift! I'm scheduled for 1 month from today and my surgeon says no implants, just a lift. Will that be enough to give me that perkiness on top I desire??

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. One of the biggest sources of controversy when I have a consultation for a patient that has droopy breasts is whether or not to add an implant.  There are a lot of factors that go into choosing an implant as part of a lift or a lift alone.  One of them is how much volume the patient currently has and the other is how much volume they would like to have.  As a general rule of thumb you don’t really want to add volume in a patient that wants smaller breasts.  Adding an implant, although intuitive that it gives you more fullness on top, can have long term consequences.  The additional weight in your breast can lead the skin to stretch and cause the breasts to droop again.  Looking at your pictures it appears that you have a large amount of breast mass.  So in my opinion I am in agreement with your surgeon that a lift would be sufficient to give you the fullness that you are looking for.  Good luck.

Mommy Makeover Candidate

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your family and weight loss! Based on your needs, a breast lift will adequately provide you with the perk and fullness in your upper poles. An abdominoplasty will also help improve your mid-section area. Based on your interests in this combination of procedures, you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. Review your interest and medical health with a board-certified plastic surgeon for a personalized recommendation.

Jay Burns, MD

I agree with you rsurgeon. You do not need implants and should get a very good result with a lift. The operation can be done at the same time as a tummy tuck ; hence the name mommy makeover.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss and moving forward with your surgery! You appear to be a great candidate for breast and abdominal surgery and I feel that a mastopexy with abdominoplasty will give you a nice result. An implant will improve your upper pole fullness but will also increase your projection and size. Either way I think you are going to be pleased with your results. Good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Mommy makeover, good candidate?

Congratulations on having completed pregnancies and successful weight loss. Based on your description, it sounds like you may be an ideal candidate for "mommy makeover" procedures.  As you know, a regular or extended tummy tuck operation will be necessary to improve the contour of your abdominal wall. Exactly what breast operation you should undergo will depend mainly on your personal goals, best communicated through use of modalities such as computer imaging and goal photographs.
 My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon very carefully. Then communicate your goals equally as carefully. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be a candidate for a breast lift +/- augmentation and a tummy tuck.   The tummy tuck will repair your muscles and liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Check the ASPS website to find a properly trained, board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Excellent Candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for your picture. It seems that you are an excellent candidate for a MMO. I agree with your surgeon, you should do well with just a breast lift in case that you don't want to add more volume. A tummy tuck will give you big benefits to your silhouette.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a mommy makeover.  Your tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift will have a nice result in you also. Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mommy makeover, good candidate?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, you appear to be a good candidate for a mommy makeover with a breast lift and tummy tuck.  Considering the size of your breasts, I agree with your surgeon about doing just  a breast lift without implants.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy make-over...will a lift make my breasts perky?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.
  • You seem to have full breasts so a breast lift seems the right procedure.
  • It is important to understand that after pregnancy, your skin will have lost elasticity -
  • Adding an implant is likely to make your breasts sag again -
  • Your best result would be with a lift.
  • It seems your surgeon has given you good advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS