What's causing the lump under my nipple after Gynecomastia surgery? (Photo)

Hi i have gynecomastia sergury 11 months ago i fill lump under my nipple and is painful i have my scan done today and the docktor said i have scar tissue but why is lumpy and painfull could you help me with my question please what really could it be thank you hope to hear from you soon

Lumps Following Gynecomastia Surgery

As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Lump under nipple

This may be some scar tissue or residual glandular breast tissue. These can be improved with a  steroid injection or direct excision. Follow up with your operating surgeon to discuss options with them.

Male Breast Reduction | Gynecomastia Surgery

It is impossible to say without an in-person consultation.  It could be scar tissue or remaining fatty or glandular tissue

To be sure, return to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

A lump 11 months after gynecomastia surgery may be residual breast tissue.

Breast tissue can grow back partially after gynecomastia excision. Also there may have been a little bit of breast tissue left behind. This can easily be corrected the office with a small amount of local anesthesia.