How's the Recovery with a Labia Reduction(both Sides)? I Want to Do It Along with the Mommy Makeover.

weight-155 height-5ft 1in age-28

Typical Recovery from Labiaplasty 4-7 Days

The recovery from the labia reduction is anywhere from 4-7 days.  We recommend about 3 weeks before vigorous physical activity, and 1 month before sexual activity.  The operation that will be the limiting factor for recovery, will more likely be the mommy makeover, depending on what you have done at the same time (e.g. tummy tuck or breast surgery).  They are typically safe procedures to be done at the same time (labiaplasty and mommy makeover), but this may also depend on your particular medical history.  Best wishes for the surgery!

Labia Reduction at the Same Time as Mommy Makeover

In general, if you are healthy to undergo multiple procedures, then it shouldn't be a problem to have the labia reduction performed at the same time as the mommy makeover.  Recovery time is 4-7 days which is the time that you would be recovering from the mommy makeover surgery as well.

Visit with well experienced plastic surgeons to discuss your options and to determine if you are a good candidate for these procedures.

Labiaplasty has usually a short recovery

On average labiaplasty has a recovery of about:

1. One week before you can resume normal physical activities

2. Two to three weeks for strenuous physical activities

3. Four weeks before resuming sexual activities.

Hope it helps. 

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty Recovery

Every woman is different-as is every surgery and recovery.  Generally speaking, I like my patients to really “take it easy” for the first couple of days after surgery-rest, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and give their bodies a chance to heal naturally.  You can plan on getting back to work in 2-3 day.   Ice packs for the first 24 hours (and I know it’s not terribly comfortable) can help tremendously with swelling and pain.

My first follow-up exam is at 2 weeks and I ask my patients to refrain from any vigorous exercise until this exam.  Once I check a patient’s recovery personally, I usually release them to low-impact exercises that are “comfortable”, such as walking or the elliptical.   Nothing hi-impact, getting on a saddle, jarring,  hyper extending or sex at this point and generally not for at least 4-6 weeks.  You really want give yourself time to heal properly and my best advise it to to listen to your body.

I always get questions regarding “getting in water.”  I allow my patients to shower immediately after surgery with a hypoallergenic soap.  And even suggest my patients take sitz baths a few days after surgery.  Water is not only very soothing, but is cleansing and healing.  I prefer to see a patient in-person again before swimming.

Typically, it’s business as usual in 6 weeks, but again, it’s a very individual process.  Always consult with your surgeon if you have any questions.

Dr Lori Warren

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

Healing after labia reduction

Its possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help. Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity. It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.

#RecoveryforLabiaReductionand MommyMakeover

Adding a #LabiaReduction procedure should not delay your recovery period. Following surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position (after TT)to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more. ?
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. To decrease this discomfort, we offer a long acting local anesthetic. This numbing injection solution (Exparel) which lasts for 3-4 days allows for an easier recovery and is preferable to older pain pump technology.
3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. We can arrange for a nurse to stay with you if helpful.
You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory.
Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No Sex, sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

Plan on a 2 week recovery from labioplasty during moneymaker

Thank you for your question. Your mommy makeover recovery will be at least 2 weeks and possibly 3. If you have had a labioplasty it may be a significant additional stress on you during recovery from the mommy makeover.

You will have swelling in the labia and discomfort and will have to be careful with ice packs to the labia and local wound care for the first week or so. Be sure to discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon as recover from mommy makeover is significant on its own.

Mommy Makeover and Labiaplasty Can be a good Combination

If you are healthy enough for a mommy makeover, a labiaplasty can be added on at the end of the other procedures. It really won't delay your ultimate recovery. You should expect more swelling for a longer period when an abdominoplasty is combined with a labiaplasty.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and Mommy Makeover Surgery

A mommy makeover is often performed alongside a labiaplasty procedure.  Recovery usually requires a few weeks of wound care, swelling, and discomfort.  Most patients are extremely pleased with labiaplasty surgery. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labia Reduction Recovery Time

Hello. In this case the doctor would perform the breast augmentation, then the tummy tuck, and finally the labiaplasty in one procedure. Allternatively, you could wait and have the labiaplasty under local anesthesia separately.
The recovery for labiaplasty is usually one week while withholding sex for three and a half weeks.

Jaime Perez, MD
Labiaplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD