How Much Does an Abdominoplasty Cost?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 17
Tummy Tuck Cost
The cost of a #tummytuck, #abdominoplasty, will vary based on many factors. There is the variable fee that comes directly from your surgeon for the procedure. You also need to remember that the fees for the facility, anesthesia, and any possible extra medical facility costs or potential overnight stay could add a great deal that you were not expecting going into the operating room. Always make sure that you are speaking to board-certified surgeons when getting quotes, and make sure that you get all of the details of what is including in the actual quote being provided. That will help you prepare for how much is already included from the doctor and aware of what may add to the bill when not already included in the surgeon’s quote.
Cost of abdominoplasty
You might also like...
Price Range for Abdominoplasty
The price is dependent on many factors - is it a mini, full or extended abdominoplasty such as a fleur de lis pattern where redundant skin is removed from the center as well as the bottom of the abdomen? Is it skin only or does it include tightening of the muscles? Will Liposuction also be necessary? Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay or in an independent out-patient facility? Will a surgical assistant be needed? Will a board-certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used? Will an (anti) pain pump be used?
All of these factors influence the cost. In Orange County, the estimated range is $7000- $15,000+ depending on the variables above.
Costs of Tummy Tuck
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Tummy Tuck Cost
Another factor that should be considered is if liposuction is performed as well. If yes, this may be more or integrated into the price.
How much does an abdominoplasty cost?
Cost of tummy tuck
The cost of body contouring can vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon. Facility fees play a large part on the total cost also.
Remember too that there are various things to consider including what areas (if any) are going to have liposuction ( I personally go after areas even with a small amount of fat that is not wanted). In addition, what type of tummy tuck? Mini, regular, fleur-de-lis?
So you can see that you need to have a full discussion with plastic surgeons about your case. Choose the best ones you can find and compare your costs. Do not choose the one in Outreach, Yougoslavia because they give you a break on airfare !!
Be smart.....choose your surgeon first and then work with the numbers.
Good luck on it all,
Steven M. Lynch, M.D.
To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.