Choosing the best surgeon will reduce the amount of bruising you experience after your mini-facelift such as the LifeStyle lift, LiteLift, Quick lift and others.
In addition to your choice of surgeon and procedure, you can reduce bruising and improve recovery by always keeping your head elevated during the first 3-5 days or more.
- NSAID's like Ibuprofen, Naproxyn and Aspirin (and Aspirin-containing medications, before and after surgery)
- Any blood-thinning medications
- Fish oils and other Omega 3 fats
- Many Herbal supplements
- Vitamin E supplements
- Blood thinners
- Heavy lifting and exertion
What may reduce bruising:
- Ice packs (never apply ice directly to the skin)
- Very light compression