How Can I Get Fuller Lips?

lip plumpers sold at the beuaty counters are not making my lips poutier. What is recommended? Injections? Implants?

Use a temporary injectible before considering permanent lip augmentation

I do a large number of permanent lip augmentation using the patient's own tissue (most ofter concurrently with a facelift).  However, for patients who see lip enhancement only, I would recommend that they try a temporary filler first to make sure they like the results.  If so, then these can be repeated or a permanent solution can be undertaken with the knowledge that the patient will definitely like the result.

Lip Plumpers, Lip Augmentation, and Facial Fillers

Most plastic surgeons will agree that the safest and most predictable treatment choice for lip augmentation are the hyaluronic acid facial fillers including juvederm and restylane. These products are safe and have a very low allergic profile.

In many cases, Restylane and Juvederm are used to augment the upper lip elements and the lower lip. Juvederm is extremely safe and is used in my own practice to highlight upper lip anatomic elements and add volume to the upper and lower lip.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Dermal fillers are good to plump lips

If over-the-counter products are not providing you with adequate results, the next step would be a dermal filler such as Juvederm. I would recommend against having any implants or permanent lip fillers (such as silicone) placed, since these can be very difficult to remove if you do not like the results. Good luck with your injections.

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm injections are your best bet

We have found that Juvederm injections are the best treatment for getting beautiful full lips. We like Restylane as well, but it can feel slightly lumpy, and Juvederm is fantastic for the lips. It looks natural and it is soft, so nobody else has to know what you have done. The amount of product varies, but most patients are happy with one syringe, and some want two syringes. As with anything, the person injecting it is the most important factor in your quest for fuller lips.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

How to get Fuller Lips

Lip fullness and definition can be achieved with the right filler. I recommend starting off with less rather than more. We customize your treatment to make your natural beauty stand out by injecting different areas. For example: enhancing the border rim, plumping the middle or enlarging and elongating the entire lip. Lips should contour the proportions of your face. If you desire youthful looking lips and would like to add volume I recommend Hyaluronic Acid Fillers, such as Restylane or Juvaderm. Since your body produces less hyaluronic acid over time, these fillers can add volume back in the most natural looking way possible. Research shows that repeated Hyaluronic Acid filler injections may help stimulate your own production of the skin-firming protein collagen. Plus, I believe these fillers are especially excellent for molding to get the exact shape your lips need.

Dennis Gross, MD

Fuller lips

Dear Janet 2007:

I would recommend having a thorough facial assessment with an expert injector whom can balance your treatment goals with your facial dimensions.  There are great Hyaluronic acid dermal filler like Juvederm Volbella available that can help augment and enhance your lips.  All the best.

Lip fillers are a safe, natural way to increase lip size.

The best way to achieve fuller lips is with hyaluronic acid gel filler injections. HA fillers are safe and effective, and if you don’t like how it looks for any reason they can be dissolved. My recommendation is to visit a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to discuss your goals and come up with the best treatment plan to get you the lips you want.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

HA fillers are great for fuller lips

Fuller lips can often be achieved successfully with hyaluronic acid gel fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. When injected by a skilled, board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, filler injections can plump the lips in a very natural looking manner. I recommend visiting a skilled injector for an in-person consultation to find a custom treatment plan for your goals.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

LIP AUGMENTATION

The best and safest way to get bigger lips is by using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. These are not permanent procedures because the FDA has not approved of any permanent filler for the lips area yet. Depending on how many cc’s are injected price can vary.

Lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid based fillers

Lip enhancement with a hyaluronic acid based filler can help you achieve an improvement of your lips. Results are temporary, which is good because you can alter the results achieved on subsequent treatments to accommodate changing preferences. In addition, results can be reversed if you don't like them with a simple injection of hyaluronidase.