How to Get a Big Butt?

my butt has no shape to it! what can i do to give a more rounded look?  Does this require plastic surgery?

Fat Transfer is the way to go.

Thanks for your question -

As long as the size increase you're looking for is not gigantic (think in the range of 700-1000 cc per buttock) fat transfer can be a very effective way to increase the fullness and improve the shape of your buttocks.

In addition, the fat that is removed usually enhances the waist line increasing the result.

In our Bay Area practice we perform these operations regularly. Find a board certified plastic surgeon that has expertise in this technique and get a consultation.

Bigger buttocks possible

With the right plastic surgery techniques, post-operative massage regimen, diet and exercise, fuller and more shapely buttocks can be achieved. This can be life-changing and permanent!

It is important to achieve bigger buttocks as naturally as possible. Implants cause a lot of problems and the technology is close but not quite there for you to keep implants that feel and look natural for very long.

Natural buttock augmentation means borrowing fat cells from your own body where they are hiding your curves and adding them through special fat transfer techniques to your buttock tissue.

After this natural augmentation using your own fat, then specific massage regimens, exercises and diet will help the results last.

It is important you do not smoke and stay healthy so the fat cells stay noursihed.

Make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in this technique and one who cares about your recovery.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Buttock augmentation can be performed using either your...

Buttock augmentation can be performed using either your own fat or shaped silicone implants. Although fat tends to be rather unpredictable in terms of longevity, I prefer its more natural look and feel. In addition, unused fat can be frozen and used to touch-up and reshape your buttocks at a later date.

2 ways to plump the butt

The two main ways to plump the buttocks are:

1) Get buttock implants
2) Get fat injections

I have performed both types of procedures and recommend buttock implants for the patient with a very flat, volume deficient buttock area who is not opposed to having a silicone implant.

Fat injections are a nice way to plump out the tush in people wishing for a mild to moderate volume increase and who have elastic skin without a lot of ptosis, or sagging. The downside of fat injections is the unpredictability of the longevity of the fat—some studies show fat lasts anywhere from 3-5 months to several years in the human body.

Buttock Augmentation

There are a number of procedures avaliable to produce a shapier, perkier, rounder buttock.  These include use of specail buttock implants or you won fat to produce buttock augmentation.  The latter is called a Brazilian Butt lift.  It improves your contour through removla of excess fat with liposuction and addition of the fat to your buttock.

Butt augmentation with fat grafting

The answer is not to get a big butt but to get a more shapely butt.  Plastic surgery is an art and simply making your butt bigger is not the answer.  Liposuction plays a very important role because it is important to remove fat from places you do not want it.  I first liposcution around the butt to give more shape. 

If more fat is needed, I remove it from another place such as the thighs, abdomen, or love handle area.  We carefully process the fat by washing and spinning the fat to remove poor fat, blood, and debris from the liposuctioned fat.  I then carefully inject the fat into the areas where the butt is deficient of volume to give not only a bigger butt but more importantly a better shaped butt.

John Burns, MD

Fat grafting is the ideal method

Fat grafting is becoming the preferred method for buttock augmentation. It is more natural, using your own fat cells. The other method is buttock implants. Buttock implants have more morbidities and are not as natural.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Options for buttock augmentation

The popularity of buttock augmentation has increased significantly over the last 3 years here in New York.  Originally, augmentation was only available through the use of artificial implants placed under the muscle.  However, in recent years, transferring your own fat to the buttock area is a very popular way to improve the size and shape of your buttocks through injections (and without artificial implants). In addition, there is the added benefit of improved contour to the body due to liposuction of the area the fat is harvested from

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Squats, autofat transfer, implants lead to fuller buttock

There are surgical and non-surgical alternatives to give a fuller more rounded buttock.

Squats will build the gluteus muscle and tone the buttocks.

Surgical treeatments include auto fat transfers ,"Brazilian Butt Lift" ,and implants. There are benefits and disadvantages to each. With fat transfer the procedure is minimally invasive, very soft ,can provide an excellent augmentation and the person is also getting liposculpture around the gluteal area. The disadvantage is that the amount of volume that remains after a year is variable. Implants have the advantage of permanancy of volume but has higher risks for infection, seromas and malpositioning. The best option is to be evaluated by a surgeon with significant experience with both techniques and choose the one that is right for you.

Irvin M. Wiesman, MD

Got Butt?

Kara,

Being a plastic surgeon in your hometown, Miami, I am quite familiar with the general desire of the local population to have a round, firm, sexy, backside. As far as I am concerned, the procedure frequently referred to as a " Brazilian Buttock Lift or Augmentation" is far and away superior for body and buttock contouring compared with the use of implants. I do not use buttock implants in my office for several reasons: they simply are not capable of producing the aesthetic result of a fat grafting procedure, there is an inherent high complication rate, and there is significant pain associated with the procedure. I have performed over 150 buttock fat grafting procedures with no complications and very satsified patients. My best advice is to find someone who frequently performs this procedure and can demonstrate through before and after pics the results you are looking for.

Good luck,

Dr. Sean Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD