Odd shape 5 weeks post op? (Photos)

I've noticed that in photos my boobs look like there not round, or they look dented, I'm 5 weeks post op. Is it just because I'm quite thin? It looks horrible :( I also am worried about something when I lift my arms up, I can only describe what feels to be tendons? I have uploaded 2 pics

Odd shape 5 weeks post op

You are very early in your healing period and swelling, asymmetry and bruising are normal. It usually takes around six months to heal and see your final results. The tendons you describe seem to be inflamed veins resulting from the operation. You would need an in-person examination to make sure.

London Plastic Surgeon

Five weeks

At five weeks post surgery you are in the early healing period and your breast shape should continue to change. Those "tendons" are superficial thrombophlebitis, sloud resolvr with warm soaks and anti inflammatories.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Odd shape 5 weeks post op?

Hi, chloeperry

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your result thus far.

Direct examination will be needed to assess your concern properly. 

Your are still in early stage of recovery; your breasts will continue to change shape in next couple months.

The "tendons" are your inflamed, superficial veins (thrombophlebitis); they will get better with time.

Please contact your plastic surgeon to discuss your concern.

Best regards.

5 weeks post-op

You are still early in your healing process and it can take several more weeks for your implants to settle. Final results following a breast augmentation can take up to one full year following surgery. Also, judging from your second photograph suggests something called Mondor's Cord.  It is caused by the inflammation of one vein, or there may be several that are inflamed and swollen. It is never anything to be alarmed about and usually resolves by itself in a matter of days to weeks. I encourage you to inform your board certified plastic surgeon so he/she can discuss further. Hope this helps! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your recent surgery. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.