Worried about belly button, 29 days post-op. Is it healing properly? (Photo)

Concerned about dark/purple-lish appearance and outtie

Umbilical issues

Thanks for the quwtion and the photos.

The umbilicus is quite far out, but I would need to see your preop photos as well.  It is too early to be concerned.  It can take up to 6+ months for the swelling in/around umbilicus.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Umbilicus

It is always good to show preop photos to compare. The umbilicus looks like it is healing.  Did you have an "outie" to begin with?

Belly Button Healing

There doesn't appear to be any redness in your photo. Is it tender to the touch? Hot? These could all be signs of an infection. Otherwise, at 29 days post op, you are still in the infancy of your healing process. It could take 6 months or longer for your final results so for now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Concerns

At one months scars have not matured yet and some swelling may still be present. I recommend that you be examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best