Would Voluma work for me to add volume to my lower face and improve nasolabial folds? (Photo)

Would I benefit more from using Voluma or Sculptra to improve the look of my lower face. I have volume loss and prominent nasal labial fold lines. I don't like the idea of having to wait months for the sculptra to work, but I am concerned that the Voluma might make my lower face look even more hollow since Voluma accentuates the cheekbones- and that might make the submalar region of my face look even more hollow. I am 52 but have had facial volume loss since my early 30s. Thanks for your expert opinions.

Would Voluma work for me to add volume to my lower face and improve nasolabial folds?

Juvederm Voluma®Radiesse®Sculptra® are the current gold standard fillers for deep lines and volume loss. If injected correctly by an experienced board certified aesthetic physician, a filler treatment with one of the products above can be customized so that you look exactly as you want to look!

Miami Dermatologist

Voluma versus Sculptra

Both Voluma and Sculptra are amazing for mid face replacement, especially in minimizing the nasolabial folds.  It all depends if you want immediate results with Voluma or you have more patience then i would prefer Sculptra.  Sculptra will last more than two years and have natural results as well.  I inject both every day in my office and it really depends on the patient's preference.  Also, if there are other areas of the face that need injections, such as the lower face or temples, then I would prefer Sculptra. Best, Dr. Green

Voluma is an excellent option for you

Marina-

You have a very common type of mid-face volume loss.  Voluma (2-3 ccs) would be a great treatment for you since it will address your volume loss and also provide a lift.  The result from Voluma is instant, as compared to Sculptra which takes months, and multiple treatments.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

would recommend a consultation with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. During the consultation you will be able to discuss the best filler for your concerns. I think that Voluma would be a great filler for you. You need to make sure that you have an expert physician injector for your procedure.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma or Sculptra

I do not recommend any filler like Sculptra to a patient who has never had a filler before. Too often "new patients" are given products that are too advanced for them and when they don't like results, nothing can be done. I see way too many "second consults" that this happens to and I think it is because of things like this. I would definitely suggest Voluma. I find it to be a superior filler anyway, and think it would be good for the areas you suggest. Even though using it in the NLF lines is considered "off label" it is a great filler for this area. See an expert filler injector for a consultation to discuss your situation.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Voluma is an excellent filler

a board certified PS can help you decide when you see them in person. voluma is excellent for 
adding volume along the infra orbital rim and along the zygomatic arch (ie cheek bones) and for deep nasolabial folds. It can be used off label for the latter area. 

i think it is important you wait at least a 10 days to assess your final result since there can be a small amount of swelling an bumpiness etc that settles down after a week.
avoid aspirin etc a week before having your injections. 

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

What is the best option for treatment of the nasolabial folds?

Hi Marina, I would start with a product such as Voluma in the cheeks in order to provide a subtle lift to the cheek and soften the nasolabial fold as well as the tear trough region. If you were still dissatisfied with the nasolabial folds you could try some Voluma (off label) in the nasolabial fold or Juvederm. Consult with an experienced injector who can give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Though an in-person assessment is critical to recommending appropriate treatment, I would favor Voluma placement into your cheek regions.  Voluma does a nice job of restoring lost volume and repositioning cheek tissues into a more elevated position, thereby also improving the appearance of your nasolabial bolds.  Using this top down approach, if you are please with your cheek volume after Voluma placement, but still would like your nasolabial folds improved, another filler agent, such as Juvederm can be placed to better correct the region.  Hope this helps.

Voluma for facial volume/lifting, try fat/sculptra along with other fillers, lasers

I suggest a formal consultation as you will need a combiantion approach with lasers, fillers/sculptra and possibly even fat along with skin tightening (such as Thermage/Ultherapy) to get full facial revolumization and lifting.  Voluma alone will only do a small improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma vs Sculptra

Thank you for your question. Voluma is great for malar augmentation and lifting. Sculptra, however, would be a better option for you for your lower face.  Sculptra is a great product that lasts a long time for perimeter volumizing including the lower face. I would look for a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area can help you develop and customize plan.