Voluma before a facelift?

I would like to have a syringe in each cheek area of Voluma but also am considering a fatce/neck lift within the next year. Is it OK to have the Voluma injected now?

Voluma Can Give a Lift Before A Facelift

I have many patients that have fillers before their facelift, especially if it is 1 year prior to surgery.  Facelifts are not substitutes for volume enhancement, and you will most likely continue to lose volume as a function of age, so may need to continue with fillers even after the lift.  Just make sure to tell your surgeon about what you have been injected with and when prior to your surgery. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to discuss your plans in detail.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I have filler before a facelift

Hi Springroll, it is totally reasonable to have Voluma injected within a year of a facelift procedure. This can help augment facial volume before your surgery. If you are planning on having surgery within a couple of months, I would wait. Follow up with an experienced injector.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Voluma go hand-in-hand...

Hi Springroll,

Absolutely! In my opinion, facelifts and fillers go hand-in-hand. They address everything - sagging skin along the jawline, the neck and the "turkey waddle".

Juvederm Voluma placed to the cheeks also balances out the effects of these procedures nicely by adding some extra definition.

I hope this information is helpful! Good luck in your search!

Stay Beautiful,

Dr. Mabrie

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma before a facelift

This is a great question. It should be fine to have Voluma injections a year prior to a surgical face/neck lift. What I would recommend is going to see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in both Voluma and surgical facial rejuvenation. This way he/she can examine you in person and learn about your anti-aging goals and recommend the best treatment plan for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Voluma and Facelift

There is no contraindication to getting Voluma injections within a year prior to a facelift.  For many patients, injections with fillers can help bridge the time until you are ready to have surgery.  Best of luck.

Voluma and contemplating surgery...

Absolutely! This should not be a problem.  Enjoy your Voluma and make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon for your surgery.  -do your homework! ;0)Dr. Grant Stevens                 Marina Plastic Surgery Associates                Marina del Rey, CA            The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Voluma before Facelift

Yes, it is fine to have Voluma injections before having a facelift, it should not negatively impact the facelift procedure. I would recommend meeting with a physician to be sure. 

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma before Facelift

Its completely fine to have voluma before a facelift.  I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  Fat may be a better alternative before face lift.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Yes, it should be fine to have Voluma a year before your face lift.  I would recommend that you have it injected by the same surgeon with whom you plan to have your face lift.  Enjoy!

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma Before a Facelift

There is no reason not to have Voluma a year before the face lift.  Depending on the amount used it typically lasts about a year.  Best, Dr. Green