Once Voluma is administered, are the immediate results what you are getting or does it change?

Voluma effects

The nice thing about Voluma is that it doesn't draw in as much water as the other fillers so for me and you, the early results don't change much. Notice I say much. It's very small, but there's always a little swelling just from the needle itself and a little bit of water around the filler that goes away. The other nice thing of course is that it lasts for about 2 years. Plus after its injected it can sort of be molded to smooth it out. Works great

Houston Physician

Are results with Voluma immediate or does it change?

Normally, when a filler such as Voluma is injected, there is an immediate effect but there may be some associated swelling as well.  So, it is not uncommon for the appearance to change in the first week or two as things settle in.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Immediate results

Yes the results are immediate although you may have swelling for few weeks after the injections so the end result will be seen then.

Good luck!

With Voluma, what you see is what you get.

With Voluma, what you see is what you get. You can see your final results immediately following injection. There may be some swelling and bruising that occurs after injection that will obscure the results, however. Wait for two weeks for the swelling to go down and you will go back to what you looked like immediately after injection.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma results

It is best to wait approximately 2 weeks after injections to see final results.  That being said, there is usually very little swelling after Voluma injections, so any changes noted may be very minor.  There is virtually no down time after a Voluma injection and you can begin to enjoy your results right away.

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma has mild swelling

With Voluma what you see at time of injection is typically what the final result is.  There is a one week period where there is some water drawn towards the Voluma, which can create a hard and bumpy feel when touching the face, but doesn't look very swollen to other people.  It takes about 1-2 weeks for any bruising or swelling to resolve.  Most of my patients have had very little difficulty in the days following the procedure.

A wonderful thing about Voluma is that it doesn't move, so one can sleep as they normally do without worry of it shifting out of place, or get a facial or massage, or whatever they would normally do without worry.  It is very long lasting, a 2 year filler.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Initially there is some swelling associated with the results you see right after injections. This settles out over a few days to a couple of weeks.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Results

All fillers take a few weeks for swelling to subside and for you to see the ultimate results.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience and try using cannulas they limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma results

Thanks for the question.  Voluma gives you essentially immediate results.  Most fillers do, but Voluma is less hydrophilic, so it doesn't pull much water into it like some of the other fillers.  Those fillers will continue to expand over the next few days whereas Voluma really stays pretty stable.  

Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice,; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Voluma results

The results from Voluma are seen at the time of treatment. There is usually mild swelling with the Voluma product which typically resolves over the next 3-4 days so the final result is seen at about one week. Follow up at 2 weeks is standard to evaluate your filler results and determine if more treatment is needed. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon