Unfit belly/back. Want to wear a 2 piece & look good! (photo)

I am a mother of 4 with waist issues. I am 5"0 and weigh 115 lbs. I workout multiple times per week but my belly region will not budge. I did one treatment of Coolsculpting on my flanks. I asked about my abdominal area at 2 different consultations and they said they could treat it but was mostly skin and I would probably not see the result I wanted. I am afraid of a full tummy tuck, what are my options for these areas?

Doctor Answers 6

Unfit belly/back

Thank you or your question. Based on your photos I believe you are an ideal candidate for liposuction and a tummy tuck. I recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

Unfit belly/back. Want to wear a 2 piece & look good!

Based on your photos I think you are a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 


Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 469 reviews

Loose Skin

Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon to discuss surgical options if there is too much skin in that area. There's skintyte that may improve the laxity but a in-person consultation is needed to determine if you are a candidate. Best wishes!

Robert G. Aycock, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Unfit belly/back. Want to wear a 2 piece & look good!

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to determine without pictures or an exam what your best options will be.  It sounds like you are very fit, and it can be frustrating when you work hard at a fitness routine but cannot lose the last bit of stubborn fat, or in your case, loose skin.  If your concern is mainly the loose the skin, an Avelar tummy tuck may be a very good option for you.  This technique offers a smaller scar and quicker recovery than a standard tummy tuck.  It also eliminates the need for post-surgical drains.  If you are totally opposed to any type of surgery, you may want to consider CoolSculpting combined with one of the radio frequency technologies, such as Exilis Elite to help tighten the skin.  An examination by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring and offers some non-surgical options will be your best bet. 
Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting With or Without Tummy Tuck

It sounds like you truly need a body shaping procedure with liposuction and possibly a tummy tuck for the best improvement.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Bikini Body abd Coolsculpting

I would suggest an in office consultation to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Coolsculpting has become so popular and it sounds like you are in good shape and just need these bulges treated.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.