Tummy tuck: Is Fat Transfer Possible?

If I'm getting a tummy tuck but I want fat added to my hips to sculpt my body? Can they still they do that?

Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfer

It is not a common procedure to do fat transfer altogether with a tummy tuck. However, fat transfering to hip could be done if there is a plenty of excess fat left in the abdomen area after tummy tuck surgery.

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Thank your question.  If you are a good candidate, in our practice we combine those procedures  to produce beautiful overall results in our patients. Schedule a consultation wit a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to build the surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired look.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

TT with fat transfer to hips?

Sure. However, I usually choose to perform liposuction and transfer of fat to the gluteal region before a TT. This makes for a comfortable recovery. Otherwise, trying to sleep or rest comfortably off your hips proves too difficult to handle when you have a large incision across your abdomen from a TT. I also prefer to perform these procedures separately to minimize risks and complications associated with prolonged time under general anesthesia. Safety is always a priority in my practice.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck: Is Fat Transfer Possible?

Thank you for your question. yes it is possible you have to check with your surgeon as he might need to do an examination before your surgery. 

Tummy tuck: Is Fat Transfer Possible?

We often perform a BBL at the same time as a TT. The lower abdomen is usually a good source of donor fat, but other areas will also be necessary. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience performing BBL surgery.Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck and fat grafting

Thank you for your question.  Yes, fat grafting can be combined with a tummy tuck procedure as you described.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Tummy tuck and fat transfer

Hi Shay

It is possible to do a fat transfer during TT.  The skin/fat apron that is being removed from the tummy is an excellent fat donor.

Discuss with your doctor.

Fat Transfer during Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Yes it is possible to have both procedures done at the same time. In most cases the surgeon will do the liposuction before the tummy tuck in order to get as much fat as possible for the grafting. Surgeons also use the fat remaining on the flap as well. While the Surgeon performs the tummy tuck procedure it allows the fat to process for a better result. I hope this information was useful best of luck on your search.

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck: Is Fat Transfer Possible?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. The combination of a liposuction with the a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. Also The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

i recommend to talks about yuor goals with a board certfied plastic surgeon.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat Transfer At Same Time As Tummy Tuck

Yes, I will often remove fat from the tummy and hips or other areas and then use it  to fill the buttocks.  We keep patients in a reclined position that helps minimize pressure on the new fat grafts.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS