Tummy tuck with muscle repair in India 7 weeks post op swelling and hardness throughout abdomen? (Photos)

I had tummy tuck with muscle repair (diastasis recti) 7 weeks before in India. I am lean.Had a corrugated drain placed and removed 1 week post surgery since had quilted sutures. Had hematoma within first 2 weeks. Had 3/4 times removal of hematoma. 3.5 weeks regular drain placed & removed at 4.5 weeks. No further Seroma/hematoma. 5 weeks post op came here. Hardness in some places and sometimes in all abdomen. Swelling worsens thru the day. Not able to walk straight. should I be concerned?

Concern after tummy tuck

Sorry to hear about your problems after tummy tuck.  Without in-person examination, it is difficult to assess your concerns in any meaningful way.  The hardness may be due to scar tissue; swelling can be expected at this stage of recovery.  However, you should be able to walk straight by this time.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who can evaluate your concern.Best regards.

Difficult

Good morning!I am sorry to hear of your misfortune.  I agree your abdominal contour as well as your incision does not look appropriate for a 7 week postoperative abdominoplasty.  This is a prime reason why having surgery close to where you live is of critical importance- you will likely end up spending significantly more to repair these issues than any you may have saved by going to a foreign country for surgery.I would start calling board certified plastic surgeons in your area to ask if they will see and treat you- many will not want to get involved in postoperative complications of another surgeon.Best of luck and let us know how you progress.

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

TT concerns

Thank you for your question. Look like some healing issues. Hard to know from pictures. Please see a physician locally for evaluation.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. It is very important to visit a doctor close to where you live because it is not normal that you cannot walk up straight after 7 weeks. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD