Should I have a tummy tuck, liposuction and fat transfer at the same time? Would it be safe? (Photo)

Do you think that I should have a tummy tuck and liposuction and fat transfer at the same time and would it be safe. I am suppose to have it on June 13

BBL Tummy Tuck Combo

Excellent Question!!

In Florida where I practice.  The medical licensing board has a restriction for maximum of 1000cc of Lipo fat removed if combined with an excision surgery such as tummy tuck.  

Past Patients have had more satisfaction with performing liposuction full body and BBL to remove the upper abdominal fat as a stand alone first surgery.  Then have a tummy tuck with a thinner result because the upper abdominal skin flap is thinner when stretched down the abdomen to the pubic bone.

Wish you well on your descision and recovery!

James McAdoo DO FACOS

• AOA Dual Board Certified General and Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon
  • 20 years experience
  • 33,000 OR cases
  • 10,000 BBL

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL at the same time?

Thank you for your question. These two procedures can be done safely at the same time as long as the patient is in good health and with a BMI of 30 or less to minimize risks during surgery. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Should I have a tummy tuck, liposuction and fat transfer at the same time? Would it be safe?

I think that this is something that I decide specific to each patient that I operate on. There are many factors that go into my decision making. 1) time needed for the surgery - if I think it will be longer than 7h, I will advise the patients to stage the procedure 2) the health of the patient - obviously young healthy patients with no medical problems and not taking any medications are better candidates for combining surgeries like this 3) patients motivation for recovery - combining these procedures leads to a painful and difficult recovery as positioning post op is limited.

Should I have a tummy tuck and fat transfer at the same time?

Thank you for your question. Combined tummy tuck and fat grafting to the buttocks is a very common request in our practice. And we commonly do both of the procedures in the same surgery which usually takes 4-5 hours. So it can be done safely together. However, every patient, body type and medical problems need to be caefully evaluated to minimize risks. Generally speaking, our patients that combine this procedure are very healthy, motivated and have a BMI of less than 30. I would make sure that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that has plenty of experience with these procedures. After being fully examined and interviewed by your plastic surgeon you should be able to feel confident that his or her recommendation will be safe. Good luck.