Tummy tuck, liposuction, Brazilian butt augmentation and breast augmentation, recovery.

Is it normal for me to be in pain after 3 weeks of getting a TT, BBL and a breast Aug? I can't sit, stand or walk for long my butt and lipo areas on back will hurt I know my recovery is longer since I had all of these procedures done but I read most people are out of pain meds with in a week and I'm done with the hydrocodone but still need pain meds I try to tuff it out till almost night time and take tremedol but I feel like I have been taking to much meds I was on hydrocodone the 2 weeks.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. it is very important to discuss this directly to your surgeon and see how he/she feels about this. Best of luck

With the procedures that you had done, it is still normal to have pain at this point.  Everyone heals at different rates.  It is important that you keep your post operative appointments with your surgeon and discuss concerns that you have.  He/She knows exactly what your surgery entailed and will best be able to advise you how you are progressing.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover Recovery

Thank you for your question.I'm sorry you are experiencing #pain after your #mommymakeover.Three weeks is still quite early in your #recovery time and pain and #swelling is still expected.  That being said, if you have major concerns, you need to contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.

Mommy make-over and BBL - still hurting after 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and BBL recovery.
  • It sounds as though your pain is from the liposuction and BBL, not the tummy tuck and breast surgery.
  • It is a very hard recovery -
  • Depending how much liposuction was done, your persistent pain may be expected.
  • I suggest however that you see your surgeon to be checked and to discuss pain management and your garment -
  • It is possible that the compression garment is causing some of the problems and you definitely need a pain control plan.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

It would be best for you to speak with your PS about your symptoms to make sure everything is ok.  Remember everybody recovers differently so it may take longer for the pain to go away.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Without complete information, it's difficult to give a specific answer. But in general, 3 wks is not very long after all of the procedures that you have had. Best to stay close to your Surgeon and address these issues at the office.