Tummy is hard after tummy tuck, post op 8 weeks. Is that normal for the tummy to be hard? (Photo)

I am 8 weeks post op from a tummy tuck. About 1 and a half week ago I felt a hard area at my incision in the pelvic area, then 4 days ago I wore a waist cincher and it was super tight, after I wore it for a day I took it off and I had hard spots everywhere. Today I woke up and there's more hard spots. Is that normal? Am I healing right? I also use a hand massager everyday for the past month. My swelling has gone down in my sides and my hips but the front tummy area still has swelling.

Lumpiness

From your appearance everything seems to be healing along expected lines.It's not uncommon to get firm areas, especially if you've had liposuction too.  These become more noticeable as swelling goes down.  There's no redness to suggest any infection.Have a review with your surgeon to be totally sure everything is OK.Regards

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal. To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts. If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem. Kind regards, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

After tummy tuck, post op 8 weeks. Is that normal for the tummy to be hard? (Photo)

Thank you for the question and photos. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. It is not unusual to have swelling for 6 to 8 weeks after the procedure. It is best to discuss this with your board-certified plastic surgeon. You have very nice results. Good luck

Tummy tuck recovery

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to advise what you may be feeling.  You seem to be getting a nice aesthetic result.  As for the hand massager, it f you were my patient I would not want you do that at eight weeks, so make sure it is okay with your doctor.  You could be feeling bruises, stitches etc.  Please discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon and good luck.

Tummy is hard after TT, post op 8 weeks.

Thank you for your question and photographs and it appears that you have obtained a very nice result.  During the recovery period you may experience asymmetrical swelling and areas of firmness that may persist for 6 months or more.  Certainly maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure an appropriate recovery course.

Areas of hardness 2 months post

Certainly if this represents a change from your previous examination it is reasonable to reach out to your surgeon for a followup.  That being said, I counsel patients that the healing process takes at least 3-6 months during which time you may appreciate changes in sensation, areas of firmness/softness, etc.  From your photos you appear to be healing well! 

Tummy is hard after tummy tuck, post op 8 weeks. Is that normal for the tummy to be hard?

It is not uncommon to accumulate small pockets of fluid under the tummy tuck skin. Usually, in time and massage they will resorb and diminish and go away.