Can I Get Tummy Tuck with Lipo, BBL & Arm lift at the same time?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions.

The realization of several surgeries at the same time is something that see to daily in my office. Take the decision of which would be them procedures to perform together is something that has that see with their State of health, your BMI, your background personal pathological and not pathological, their levels of hemoglobin, etc.

This is why that should be properly evaluated with a board certified plastic surgeon,to so estimate that it is best for you.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Combined Procedures with TT

Additional procedures that may enhance the result of a tummy tuck are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. These can be combined together in the mommy makeover and completed at one time to save time, money and recovery time as well.

If you are healthy, this combination can be performed by an experienced surgeon in all of those procedures who performs these combinations every week.

Combining Surgery

We frequently combine the procedures you desire after a careful medical screening to be sure you are a good candidate. I perform my procedures in a JCAHO-accredited private hospital with an overnight stay for your safety and comfort.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures. 

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, most ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Combination procedures

Yes, it is possible to combine the procedures that you have listed.  This of course depends on the ability of your surgeon to be efficient and minimize blood loss.  Most would recommend that this type of surgery should take less than 6 hours in order to maximize safety.  If your surgeon can't do it in that time period, then that would be one reason to stage the procedure.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with Lipo, BBL & Arm lift at the same time

Thank you for your question. It will all depend of your medical evaluation, remember: the most important thing is your health and your life.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Tummy tuck, BBL & arm lift

It is possible to have these procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon