Touch up Liposuction Recovery Time?

Hello, I had a full body liposuction 4 months ago, I'm schedule for a touch up lipo next month for my lower abdomen, flanks, waist, lower back and my inner thighs. It took me about two weeks to tecover for a full body lipo and I will have the lipo under General Anesthesia and I will sign the consents again. I'm just concerned about the touch up recovery. How long is the recovery period for a touch up liposuction?

Recovery time with touch up liposuction

It should be somewhat quicker this time but again will depend on the anesthesia and your pain tolerance which you already know about with the first procedure.  So psychologically you are better prepared and know what to expect.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for touch up liposuction

"Touch up" liposuction recovery should be shorter than your original full-body liposuction.  Each patient's recovery differs depending on his/her pain threshold and activity level.  It seems like you have done well with your initial surgery; I would expect that you would do even better with touch up.  Please discuss with your plastic surgeon about your concerns and questions prior to your surgery.  Please follow your surgeon' post-operative instruction!

Your touch up should be a smaller surgery than the first one. One week recovery should be sufficient. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time with Liposuction

My liposuction is performed all under tumescent anesthesia which is much safer and easier for recovery of patients.  2 weeks recovery seems like a long time for your procedure, but I am unsure what exactly you are having done, what type of liposuction and how big/complex the areas you are having treated.  Posting photos may help.  In general however, most patients require 1-2 days at home then are up and about after surgery with me.  I have them wearing compression 24/7 for the first week then overnight for another week. Best, Dr. Emer.