Are tingling and numbness side effects? Is the tingling and itchiness a good sign?

I started with a full C cup and added 421 bringing my to my desired results a full D. Its has been 3 days since my BA and I feel itchiness on my left breast and nipple and have feeling on it as well. However, my entire right breast is numb with slight tingling.

Yes, numbness and tingling are a normal part of the healing process.

Like any surgery, breast augmentation affects your nerves and tissue. It’s very common for women to feel tingling in one or both breasts after augmentation. These are spontaneous nerve discharges that should fade as your nerves begin to slowly regenerate and the surrounding tissue heals. Numbness is also a common side effect. Both the numbness and tingling should gradually resolve as your body heals, but some women experience numbness or tingling for up to a year. These sensations are rarely any cause for concern after a breast augmentation.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Totally normal

The tingling and itchiness that you are experiencing are totally normal. Also, the fact that the right breast feels different is not a cause for concern. Asymmetric healing is quite common. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers and heals. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Tingling and Numbness After Breast Augmentation

Changes in sensation are not unusual after breast augmentation.  Frequently these issues are temporary and will resolve over time.  We think that tingling may represent some awakening of the nerves and is generally interpreted as a good sign.  It is always best to speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Healing

It is common to have asymmetric pain or sensations between the two breasts. Numbness, hypersensitivity or tingling is also common as nerves repair. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon about any increasing pain or concerning changes, otherwise it sounds as though you are within the normal range.

All the best

Are tingling and numbness side effects after breast augmentation? Is the tingling and itchiness a good sign?

Tingling sensations and numness can be a sign of nerve healing after breast augmentatiomn. I view this a dood sign as the nerve was strethed and not cut during surgery and that healing is progressing. If can take many months. Discuss with your surgeon

Itching and tingling after breast augmentation

With breast augmentation, particularly larger volume augmentation, the nerves in the skin and breast gland are stretched and irritated.  During the healing process - and indeed this may persist over several months - many women describe exactly what you are describing which is simply a manifestation of nerve irritation.  This is pretty typical and should gradually resolve over time.  Relay your concerns to your surgeon of course.  Best wishes for a smooth recovery and beautiful result!

Tingling and numbness

Thank you for your question.  You are experiencing side effects that are not at all uncommon after a breast augmentation.  Please be sure that you are following your surgeon's post-op instructions carefully to ensure optimal healing as you move forward.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Sensation after breast augmentation

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation.

Your sensation (tingling, numbness, itchiness) is commonly experienced.
Please follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.
If you have any concern, visit your plastic surgeon to be examined in-person.
Good luck with your recovery.

The symptoms are very common and almost even expected after breast augmentation. The most common reason for this is probably the stretching of the nerves which can produce various sensations, including electric like sensations to the nipple or burning or numbness. This can also happen throughout the skin of the breast. Additionally, the skin is often stretched, which can cause your symptoms. Medications can also be considered, but the extent of this would almost certainly go beyond the local area of the breasts.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon