Thoughts on BBL and breast reduction (36DDD) at the same time. Should I do surgery separately?

What is recovery like for bbl? Breast reduction with lift? How long should I expect off from work with either surgery? If I travel to another state for bbl, how long before I travel back home? What are the pros and cons of doing both surgeries at same time? Thanks for your response.

Combined BBL and breast reduction

You should likely do these two procedures on two separate days due to the length of time involved with the surgeries. Also you will have a very difficult time recovering as you will only be able to lie on your side (not stomach, or back). Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for more detailed information.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

Breast reduction and BBL at the same time?

Thank you for your question. These procedures can be done safely together as long as the patient is healthy and has a stable weigt within the safe range with a BMI under 30. This will minimize risks and maximize results. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Combined procedures and recovery

First, let me address your question on combined procedures. Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. In some cases, an overnight stay may be recommended. Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status.In terms of the recovery from a BBL, I generally recommend no prolonged sitting for 7-10 days after your BBL procedure. Remember, you will need to give time for the liposuction donor sites to heal. Compression garments will be very important to facilitate your healing and keep your swelling down.  Most of my BBL patients are very comfortable going back to a desk job in 10 days after surgery.   I do recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4 weeks.  Please talk to your board certified PS to get his/her specific recommendations. Best wishes. Dr. Basu Houston, TX

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  In our practice we often will combine these procedures to produce beautiful overall results in our patients.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your options, address you goals and concerns then work together to create a surgical plan that will help you achieve the look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

One Surgery vs Two

Hello lovely1111. Very good questions. Each surgeon has their very own protocols for post operative care. Typically, appropriate amounts of rest for the remainder of the day following surgery. There is a two-six week time in which the patient should not exercise the affected areas in any manner except by walking, which is encouraged.  Mild-moderate discomfort is normal after the surgery. Multiple surgeries can be done at the same time and typically are. With multiple surgeries being done you would have one cost and one recovery vs having multiple costs and recoveries. The ideal candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift is in good general health, has an appropriate quantity of unwanted stomach fat, and has realistic expectations of what can be achieved through the procedure. Next step for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals.