Is There Any Procedure That I Can Get That Will Permanetely Get Rid of the Hollows I Have Under my Eye?

Im a 23 year old mixed male. i have always had darkeness under my eye since i was a kid, but now i have hollows, and i really hate it. it makes me look tired when im not, and the darkness just emphasize it even more. Im looking for a permanet procedure and would prefer something other than fillers. iIf there is something how much am i looking at to spend on the procedure?

Doctor Answers 4

Fillers, but get the right one

I agree with everyone for  you, filler's is the way to go. However, if you are most worried about the depression under your eyes in the lower part of your eyelid (so to speak), its key to use the right type of filler. 

Common temporary fillers (which i would HIGHLY recommend as if you dont like it or there is a problem, it goes away) can be thick or thin...Some are like toothpaste (thick) others are like thin gel.  The other difference, is typically thick gel's last longer than thin gels. However, under the eyes, the filler's typically last a while as it is not an area that moves around alot (like the lips). 

My opinion, is that the thin gel's are much better under the eyes as they have a lower chance of looking "lumpy." Particularly if you have thinner skin. I'd recommend asking your physician/nurse or injector what their thoughts are on a thinner, temporary filler for this area. I think you'll get a great result and will be happy with it. 

Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Be cautious with "permanent"...

Hi! At your age, I would NOT recommend seeking aggressive surgery. Temporary but long-lasting fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are much more predictable, contourable and cost-effective (around $500). Although they will only last a year or two, the results of any "permanent" solution at your age may very well be gone in a few years as you continue to age and your face changes. I would not perform "permanent' corrective surgery on you at this stage. Explore fillers and talk to experienced injectors- instant results for far less money even if temporary can be very gratifying. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Midface lift will help hollows

A lower blepharoplasty with midface lift, also called a cheek liift, will fill in those hollows. With the operating room fee and anesthesia cost, it might be around $5000 depending on where it is done.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Edison Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Hollow and darkness under the eyes

This is a common problem for many patients. Fillers offer a solution when injected in the cheek area so light reflex illuminates the eyes and improves the dark skin. One can also inject fillers in the lower eyelid but the injector has to be experienced... If you are against fillers, fat grafting may help and can be done in the office or while you are asleep. Cost should range between 3 and 4k.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.