Is half a syringe of Voluma enough to camouflage subtle cleft chin?

In certain lighting, like when a shadow is cast on my face, my chin appears to have a cleft. I was wondering how much of the filler is typically used to hide something like that without making the chin relatively larger? There isn't a visible crease or dimple etched into the skin, but it seems worse than it used to be, probably due to aging. I still have some Voluma left over from injections in my nose and would use that if possible.

How Much Voluma?

I love using Voluma in the chin to augment or fill clefts that patients do not like.
It is impossible, however, on a website like this to tell you how much product will be needed to obtain the result you want.
You need to ask that question of the doctor you have chosen to do the procedure for you.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Thank you for your question.  Subtle chin dimples and clefts can develop over time due to gravity, and age-related loss of volume.  Voluma should be able to smooth any light/shadow irregularities, and as it is placed deeper into the skin than other fillers, will do so without making your chin look appreciably larger.  As you do not have a visible crease, a half syringe should be sufficient, but a physical exam is really needed in order to determine that.  

Voluma and chin augmentation

Juvederm Voluma is a great product for an immediate lift and augmentation.  I have used this product in the chin area with great results.  It is impossible to tell without an in office consultation how much product it will take to have corrected results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Voluma for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Quanity of Voluma to correct cleft chin

The amount of filler to correct the issue varies from patient to patient as well as injector to injector. Depending on an injector's technique, some injectors use less product than others. Consult with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Voluma to improve cleft in chin

Voluma is an excellent option to improve the appearance of the chin. The amount that is needed for appropriate augmentation varies from patient to patient; however, I have found that most patients need more than half a syringe for a visible improvement.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for a subtle cleft chin

For some patients, the appearance of a subtle cleft chin can be improved with that amount of Voluma. The benefit of using this filler is that results can last up to 18 months or more in some cases. However, it would be impossible to gauge how much filler is necessary, and which filler is optimal, without examining your face in-person.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma in the chin

Hi Tiptoe, Voluma is a very reasonable choice for a dermal filler in the chin. You would need to consult with an experienced injector to determine the right amount.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Chin Cleft

I dont see why Voluma cant be used but you would need a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Voluma for cleft in chin

It is possible that half a syringe of Voluma would be enough to treat a subtle cleft in the chin.  You would need to be examined to determine if that amount would be enough or not.  I would ask the physician who will be treating you to see if he or she feels it will be sufficient.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon