When does the swelling get better after Smart Lipo?

I had smart lipo on saddle bags, inner and outer thighs, knees, calves and ankles 24 days ago. I was told by the doctor that he removed 3.5 quarts of fat. By the end of the days my legs are extremely swollen. I know that a large area was done, and it's only been 2 weeks. I feel good, the soreness is much less and the bruising is healing, but the swelling gets uncomfortable.

Legs swollen after 360 degree lipo of thighs and calves

This is what happens when you undergo 360-degree liposuction of the legs. I typically divide this type of work into two sessions to avoid this issue. The lymphatic system which normally removes fluid from the legs is overloaded with fluid from surgery and from healing. Use full length compression stockings and elevate your legs from time to time.

It sounds like you had a lot of fat removed.  It can take several months for all of the swelling to resolve, especially in the legs.  Continue to wear compression as instructed.  Good luck.

Naveen Setty, MD

Swelling after lower extremity laser assisted liposuction

It will take several months for the swelling to go away completely.  In the meantime, try to wear compression hose and keep you legs elevated as much as possible.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Swelling takes weeks to months to go away after liposuction.  I suggest lymphatic massage and good compression.  venus legacy/velashape treatments will help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling

It takes a good 3 to 6 months for all the swelling to go away. You should see a noticeable difference at 6 weeks so be patient. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN