Why is my stomach not tight after two years post op? (Photo)

My tummy tuck was 2 years ago, my scar is not a happy face like promised! I can not wear a tiny bikini bottom because half of the scar sticks out! I have a bulge on the side where the scar is not straight. My stomache feels just a squishy as it did before I had the surgery. The sides have fat sitting on top of the scar that have been there since the surgery! And I'm still paying on the dang surgery. Is there anything I can do to get a revision with no cost??? Please help!!! See the photos.....

Post op Abdominoplasty Bulge

From the side view, I do not see as much bulge as I think you do because it looks pretty good from that view.  The scar is somewhat uneven from the front view which is why it protrudes from your swimsuit.  I suggest you get examined in person to see if something needs to be revised as sometimes additional liposuction is needed for a touch up.  Other factors come into play including weight change.  I would go back to your surgeon and let him know your exact concerns.

Abdominoplasty scar

Thanks for your question and the photos. I can appreciate your frustration but I can completely comment on the outcome without knowing the preop situation. I don't promise anyone the scar pattern outcome, but most patients can look at pictures we post and see that it is normally a good position. The scar is slanted and sometimes people heal like that; although admittedly yours is more pronounced. The bulge you are referring to doesn't show very well on the picture. If it is skin excess, then perhaps it can be excised in the office. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Tummy Tuck

Dear hcsowife1054,

Hopefully you have maintained a good relationship with your surgeon and are able to discuss your concerns with him.  Although I believe you have a good result overall I would agree with you that have some unevenness of the lower incision and some persistent lipodystrophy.  I suggest contacting your surgeon to see if it would be possible to perform the minor revision work with minimal to no charge.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers 

Quinton Chivers, MD, FRCS(C)