Spitting stitches after implants and anchor lift. Our my incisions okay? Are the infected? (photos)

I am 2 weeks post op and my incisions are spitting stiches. I have had to trim about 8 so far and I am keeping the area clean and dry. I have been applying bactrim to prevent infection. I also have noted a new dent above my incision this morning. How are they looking? Are the infected, should I be worried?

Spitting stitches after implants and anchor lift. Our my incisions okay? Are the infected?

Based on your photos, it appears you are doing well.  There is no substitute for an in person exam to confirm.  Contact your surgeon for follow up.

Incisions Ok?

Thank you for your question. The photos you provided shows the incision to be healing well at two weeks post op. Keep in close contact with your surgeon to ensure continued progress. Best wishes.

Based on viewing your photos, you do not appear to be showing any signs of infection. Spitting sutures can cause some inflammation to the area. It would be best to follow up with your surgeon so that you can be examined in person. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants - why am I spitting sutures?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implant surgery.
  • Good for you for taking such good care of your surgery.
  • Your incisions look fine in the photo and seem to be healing well.
  • If you are concerned about infection, please contact your plastic surgeon and schedule a time to be seen.
  • One cannot easily diagnose and certainly can't treat infection from a distance - let your surgeon see you to see how you are doing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS