What sort of negative results have you seen with ThermiVa?

I am scheduled to have a consultation and perhaps my first treatment in a couple of days. I am nervous about how new the technology is. I recognize that all treatments have risks and negative outcomes. I just want to know what those might be. What kinds of negative results have you seen with ThermiVa? Any burns or scars? Any worsening of vaginal laxity either immediately or after several months? Are there any lawsuits pending? These aren't deal breakers, but I do want to understand.

ThermiVa

This is a very low risk treatment.  Scars and burns would be rare.  When you go in for your treatment make sure your questions are answered before proceeding, but I think you will to find this a low risk and high reward procedure.

Negative effects of ThermiVA

I have personally not seen any negative effects from ThermiVA, only positive.  100% of my patients treated have been happy with their almost immediate results!

H. Christopher Coley, MD
Greensboro General Surgeon

Thermiva Results

Our office has not experienced any "negative" results. No burns. No scars. No worsening of vaginal laxity.  If there were to be something to consider, it is that results vary from person to person. One persons tissue may react more significantly to the procedure than a different persons tissue. So, in short, you may or may not receive the exact results you want. However, the vast majority of my patients have been very satisfied with their results. Studies have shown the procedure to help multiple vaginal conditions, such as vaginal tightening, urinary incontinence, vaginal moisture and atrophy, sexual function and aesthetic appearance of the labia. The standard protocol includes three ThermiVa treatments, each taking place about one month apart. Some results are noticeable immediately, and improvements grow increasingly with each treatment. Maintenance may be needed for best results.

ThermiVa Results

That's a great question and it's normal to be nervous before a procedure. As with any procedure there can be complications but the vast majority of our ThermiVa patients have not experienced them. With the procedure there are 3 30-minute sessions performed one month apart. 

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

What are the dangers of thermiva? Have you seen any bad results?

I have not seen any complications with thermiva.  Patients tolerate the procedure very well.  Certainly this procedure is much safer than surgery and unlike an operation there is no downtime.  The procedure will not result in more laxity but should tighten your vagina.  If you don't notice a positive result after your first treatment I would not recommend a second treatment. There are a lot of different specialists offering this treatment in their offices.  I think seeing a gynecologist or urogynecologist (FPMRS) is probably wise rather than a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Other things could be going on. 

Results of ThermiVa

Hi and thank you for your question!

ThermiVa is considered a very safe treatment. Its nonablative, has no downtime and has no pain during treatment. Radiofrequency energy has been used non-surgically for over 10 years now and is a safe and controllable way to deliver energy for skin tightening and collagen remodeling. We haven't seen any negative results or adverse events in our patients. All of them have reported improved vaginal tightening. Your provider will review any contraindications with you and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

ThermiVa is a safe option for vaginal rejuvenation

Thank you for your question! It's great that you are doing your research prior to undergoing ThermiVa treatment. This is something that all patients should do prior to any cosmetic procedure. In my experience, I have not seen any burns, scars, worsening of vaginal laxity. I do not know of any lawsuits regarding ThermiVa. Overall, ThermiVa is a very safe procedure and patients have been happy with results. In regard to your comment about new technology, ThermiVa works by using radiofrequency heating which has been around for many years. 

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVa is very safe

ThermiVa may be a newer device, but the technology it utilizes has been used for years in cosmetics for skin tightening. The biggest risk you take in my opinion, is financial if it doesn’t work. Please be sure to see a practitioner who is skilled with the procedure and performs them on a regular basis. If you are a candidate and the procedure is performed correctly it should be successful. Good luck.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safety of ThermiVA

It is safe. There have been no reported adverse effects . I have done a few hundred of these treatments and have not seen any complications. However you are right:  you need to understand that this is a non-surgical treatment , so it will not do what a surgical labiaplasty or vaginoplasty can do . It is best you discuss your options and concerns with an experienced surgeon in cosmetic gynecology so you are well- informed on what to expect in terms of results. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

ThermiVa in #Williamsville NY

We have seen no untoward effects with ThermiVa in our experience. You should see someone who does these procedures regularly.

Of note, the self reported patient satisfaction rate exceeds 98% for ThermiVa on RealSelf. 

Best
Dr H Karamanoukian