Smoking 3 months post op Breast aug, BBL , and Tummy tuck. Can anything be in jeopardy after 3 months? (photos)

I have not smoked 4 months before surgery and I am now 3 most post op. With that being said I have not touched a cigarette in a while but now I'm 3 months post op and I smoke just one cigarette can anything be in jeopardy after 3 months post and only one cigarette? My doctor did clear me from everything except sit ups but I dint ask about smoking. I do intend to ask just thought I get some feed back from some experts here as well. Thank you in advance.

Smoking after mommy makeover

Hi and thanks for posting your question!

By 3 months post op, as long as you have not had any wound healing complications thus far, smoking should not negatively impact your post operative course at this point. That being said, smoking cessation is one of the best things you could do for your overall health and you have already done the hard work of quitting-so why start again?

Post operative smoking

As long as your healing is going well, at three months after surgery you should not experience significant risk from smoking.  However, it is obviously best for your health to continue to not smoke.  You've been without for 7 months.  Keep it going!

Camille Cash, MD

Smoking and Healing

Smoking may affect your #healing and the end result of your surgery. It's best to call your plastic #surgeon to better clarify. It is encouraged to refrain from cigarettes prior surgery and post op in order decrease the chance of complications and promote better healing. Therefore, the farther in advance prior surgery and the more time after the procedure, you can avoid #smoking, the better it may be for your surgical #outcomes and your overall #health. It's also very important to implement healthy lifestyle choices to not only prolong your surgical results, but most importantly, to reduce your risk of illness and disease which will impact your health. If you find it difficult to quit smoking, speak to your physician who can provide information and programs that are properly designed to help you quit. 

Smoking 3 months after mommy makeover

At 3 months after surgery, it wouldn't affect your surgery as long as you don't have any active healing issues.  Having said that, try to continue your smoking cessation to optimize your overall health!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Smoking 3 months after mommy make-over and BBL

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and BBL.

• The best thing you ever did for your future was to stop smoking for 7 months.
  • Although smoking now will be unlikely to affect your immediate healing, it will damage all your tissues and age you early.
  • I strongly suggest that you start right back quitting and keep quitting - you will stop permanently if you keep it up.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Nicotine after surgery

If your wounds have healed well already, I do not believe smoking wound adversely affect your progress, but please discuss with your surgeon.

Drderby

Thank you for your question. Smoking is not a good idea in the wound healing part of your process. 3 months after you will be okay to smoke if everything has healed well. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD