Can I smoke 3 months after bbl and breast augumentation and tummy tuck?

Can I smoke 3 months after bbl and breast augumentation and tummy tuck.

Smoking

You are still healing for up to 6 months after a breast augmentation and Brazilian buttlift. For optimal fat survival and scar healing, you need significant blood flow to the areas and smoking can inhibit this. If you have been able to quit smoking for several months, then I would not recommend resuming. It is best for your results and your overall health. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Smoking

Thank you for your question. As a physician it is hard to suggest smoking but if you have to and just can not stop it is very unlikely to effect surgery this far out from surgery. I would suggest to take a minute and realize how fortunate you are that you were able to stop as long as you have and maybe consider a substitute rather than the smoking which comes which such risk since you have done so good for so long.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Smoking 3 Months After a Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question. Smoking decreases circulation and can significantly delay the healing progression. As you have had a complex set of surgical procedures, including a breast augmentation and Brazilian Butt Lift, I would suggest that you refrain from smoking, even at the three-month mark. This will ensure a smaller chance for complications. It is understandable that quitting cigarettes is difficult, so I suggest speaking with your operating surgeon for their suggestions to help with smoking cessation. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend my patients to stop smoking and then have oxygen treatments after surgery, because skin necrosis can appear very easily and damage your wound healing process..It is not recomendable to smoke that soon..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Smoking after surgery

I prefer that my patients never smoke, but if they do, I prefer that they wait at least 3-4 weeks post-op to restart or wait until the incisions have healed pretty well. Best to ask your surgeon.

Smoking and BBL

At this point in your recovery, assuming everything has been healing in an uncomplicated manner, resumption of smoking will not likely impair your results.  Of course, it is well known that smoking can impair healing, so if you are having any ongoing issues, smoking could theoretically still impair the resolution in some cases.  Few physicians will advise you that smoking is OK in the general context of your health, so why resume?  If you have been successful for this long, you're on the right track.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Smoking - Will it affect my surgical results?

Smoking is harmful to healing and increases risks of complications. This is particularly true after a brazilian butt lift where the fat grafting survival depends on blood flow to the surrounding tissue. If you are going to invest significant time and money in to your body, you should quit smoking prior to surgery 1) for your overall health, and 2) to protect your investment in to your body and maximize results and healing. Best of luck! 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #quitsmoking #DrSej #fatgrafting #protectyourinvestment #fatsurvival 

Sejal M. Patel, MD