Did I go too small? (photos)

I'm a week post op of my BA, I'm so happy that I did them but I'm thinking I went too small. Yes I did go for consultation and wanted a b cup and PS suggested I go bigger and to go with 275cc but I still feel small.

Looks like a great result

Thanks for your question and the photos. Looks like you have a great result that is very proportionate to your frame. You'd have to go up at least 50-75CC to appreciate a difference. This would often times mean a wider implant that would spill out into your armpit. More volume also means more weight. Long term implant position is much better with the size implant you have.

Did I go too small?

Thank you for your question. At one week post op is still to early on your healing time. Within the next weeks the implants should settle in and give a better contour. It will take 3 to 4 months so you see your result,  which looks that you will have a very good outcome. 

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Did I go too small breast implants?

Thank you for your question.  It is far too early to be worried about your size.  Understand that in the early time after surgery the overlying tissues compress the implant and make it look smaller.  The 275 cc implant should give you a very nice result but it will take 3 months for the implants to drop and look more normal.

Did I go too small?

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation.

You started with a good breast shape; you will look great once the implants settle in the pocket.  Whether you went too small or not depends on your desired outcome.  Please allow at least 3 months to see the final outcome from your surgery.

Good luck with your recovery.

Too small?

Thank you for your question!

At one week post op, it's going to be too early to tell what your final result will be.  At this point, your breasts are probably high, tight and shiny looking.  Not to worry- they will change shapes for the next few months (approximately 3)  until they've settled. Best of luck in your continued recovery.

Fred Hackney, MD

Breast Augmentation - Did I go to small?

You are very early on in the healing process.  It will be a few months before you can see your final result.  Try to be patient.  As your swelling diminishes your breasts will soften and become more defined.  A small implant can provide a beautiful result.  Keep in mind that a larger implant will have more weight.  High and perky breasts are very desirable. 

David Stoker, MD

Breast Augmentation - Did I Go To Small?

Size is relative. Too small on one body may be too big on another. Your breasts look natural and proportionate to your frame. Hopefully you had a chance to try on implants before the surgery and you were able to participate in your implant size selection. If so, don't second-guess yourself. If you didn't get a voice, looks like you still have a good result. Give it 6 months before you begin critiquing your result. Your implants will drop, your skin will relax, and you can more accurately assess your result. For now, follow your plastic surgeon's instructions to get the best possible result.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Did I go too small

You are still very early into your recovery and your new implants have not even begun to settle. Over the next several weeks, they will become softer and your skin will begin to relax so that the implants will not be so compressed. Give yourself some time. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Did I go small

Thank you for your question. At this time just follow instructions from your PS. Your breasts will continue to change in the coming several weeks. Please re evaluate in 3-4 months