Will my sientra textured implants drop in place or are they going to adhere and remain like this? (Photo)

I'm 10 days post my ba and I'm a little concerned that my implants will never drop, they're still riding super high and firm.. when I first had my consultation I wanted to get smooth implants but my PS suggested hp round textured and explained the advantages to me so I thought it was a good decision and went with the 440cc's. She assures me they're going to drop and settle but right now I'm really having a hard time believing this. Before my ba I was a small cup A.

Do textured implants drop?

Hello! Although textured implants are given the reputation of being more likely to stay in place, I think it is too early for you to start worrying. I use these implants often and they almost always initially don't look as round due to 1) the muscle contracting hard on them and squeezing them up and 2) the initial swelling. I tell my patients that it may take 1-3 months for the swelling and implants to settle --> the larger the implant the closer to 3 months this process takes. Going from A cups to 440's is a decent increase and your muscle will take a while to relax before they look more round and satisfying to you. Keep regular visits with your surgeon and be patient. A lot of times you can see progress with photos taken at regular post op intervals at 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year. Hope this helps!

Will my sientra textured implants drop?

It seems from your pictures that the implants appear to be in a good position.  You do have a lot of upper swelling which is normal at 10 days.  If they are below the muscle, then that is the reason for the fullness as well.  I use these implants often and have noticed they do take several months minimum to look and feel natural.  There is that risk that the implant may end up a bit high but quite rare.  I suggest you continue to communicate with your doctor about your concerns.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Implant Settling

Most of what you on the upper aspect of your breasts is swelling which can be a bit scary, but is very common. Textured implants don't ride as high as smooth initially as their rough surface keeps them in place better. The views with your arms up aren't as accurate as the one with your arms down. In that one (without the benefit of an exam)  it looks to me like you will be fine. The implants appear to be in the right position at the bottom. It takes time for the swelling to go down; up to six month in fact, but even in a few weeks you will see a difference. Continue taking photos every few days and you will see for yourself. Everyday is too often. Textured implants continue to get softer for several months as well. Your results are going to be great!

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Delay surgery for 6 months--you may be happier with results.

Textured Sientra implants are designed to adhere to the soft tissue.For this reason, it’s unusual to see significant migration with these implants.Under these circumstances, they might drop slightly, but probably not enough to impact your superior implant malposition.
In the short term, it’s important to realize that wound healing is a dynamic process and for this reason changes in the breasts are inevitable.As swelling resolves, skin loosens and muscles relax.Your implants may drop and lead to significant improvement in the appearance of your breasts.For this reason, decisions regarding revisional surgery should be delayed for at least six months.At that time the situation can be re-evaluated and an appropriate treatment plan designed.
In the interim, it’s important to maintain good communication with your plastic surgeon.If this deformity persists, your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Sitting high

The implants won't substantially drop. Perhaps give it three months, if you are still high you will need a revision. Good luck and be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Implants

Thank you for your question. As you may know, it is too early to tell your final result. You have significant upper pole swelling, which will resolve. Your implants appear to be in good position at this point. It's best to see your surgeon for follow up.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Sientra textured implants

Thanks for question and pictures. Hard to tell without an exam how much of the upper pole fullness you have is your implant and how much is swelling.  In general, textured implants do not "drop" as much as the smooth implants but still settle a bit.  Let the swelling resolve and then you'll be able to better evaluate the position of your implants.  Good luck.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Will my sientra textured implants drop in place or are they going to adhere and remain like this?

They WILL NOT drop.. The textured implant are stuck by day 10 so revision is you next option... Sorry.