Why do I have sharp pain on my right incision when I sit up from a laying postition?

I am 6 days post op, 345cc BA under muscle, incision is under the breast. When I sit up, it feels like my skin is tearing apart from the incision. It does not hurt if I hold my breasts in place until I gentally let go. My left breast has no pain and has moved into the pocket. My right is extremely painful and sitting high on my chest.

Pain when sitting up

I would suggest contacting your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  At 6 days post op the cause could be any number of things.  It's always best to get the opinion of your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how you've been progressing through recovery.

Pain when sitting up

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Check needed

Without photos it is difficult but it sounds like there is an issue with your right side - you must get in contact with your surgeon and be seen and checked

Check needed

Unilateral pain after BA

The safest thing to do is to notify your operating surgeon as to what you are experiencing. This may not be anything significant but they should evaluate your symptoms to be sure.

Unilateral pain after BA

Severe incisional pain on one side after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your description suggests that there is a suture in the incision causing the pain.
  • However severe pain continuing a week after surgery merits a call to your surgeon so you can be checked.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

May be normal

Your pain may be normal but any significant difference between your breasts and/or change in your breast should be addressed with your surgeon.  It is quite typical for breasts to look very similar but have very different pain levels.

Best Wishes,

nana Mizuguchi, MD

May be normal

Best Wishes,

nana Mizuguchi, MD