Different shaped nostrils making nose look crooked? (Photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty done a little over 3 months ago. Before my surgery, my nostrils were pretty even in my opinion and didn't bother me at all. Now after my surgery my nostrils haven't looked the same since. One looks longer than the other and it's causing that side of my nose to look a little crooked. I was looking for more opinions and if I needed to get surgery again to fix this problem so everything looks more even? If so, what would the surgery process be like and about how much?

You appear to have an asymmetry of your tip that is leading to the asymmetric nostrils.  Sometimes cartilage grafts are used to straighten the tip and correct these issues.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Asymmetric nostrils after rhinoplasty

The main issue is-Is this from swelling that is still resolving, or is it a true asymmetry  that will need correction.Because swelling takes many months to resolve, you will need to wait at least about to 6 months to see if things change. If the asymmetry persists then the cause of the asymmetry needs to be identified and resolved. Is it from incision placement, or from tip cartilage repositioning, did you have an open or closed rhinoplasty, was the base of the nose reduced, and/or was the septum position altered, were the tip cartilages trimmed?Best of luck.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

While nostril asymmetry is the most difficult area of asymmetry to correct, in most cases it can be improved during rhinoplasty.  While perfect symmetry is not attainable, improved symmetry usually is.However, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD