Can I get Sculptra and chin implant and the same time? (Photo)

My face is Asymmetric and has been that way all my life. But it seem as I got older it got worse. So I figure I need a Cheek enhancement. So I decided on Sculptra for my cheeks. But when I sent my pictures too a She told me based on the pictures it look like I needed a chin implant and that my cheekbones was already pretty. Although I kind of disagree with that. Can I get Sculptra and Chin implant at the sametime or should I just do Sculptra and include my chin area?

Sculptra in the cheeks

I would suggest only placing Sculptra in the cheek area, as Sculptra is great for restoring volume in the mid face region. I would suggest using filler to create a chin for a chin enhancement. Filler lasts ~2 years and would be a great alternative to surgery.

Columbus Physician

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant, Sculptra

Chin and cheeks are best augmented with a combination of fillers such as sculptra deeply and radiesse, voluma, or restylane lyft on top.  If you get an implant you do not need fillers unless fine contouring is needed at same time.  fat can be used as an alternative.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin and cheeks

You can certainly get both sculptra and a chin implant at the same time. In fact if you are wanting both, I would suggest it. Your chin does appear a little weak or set back, and everyone needs some sculptra as they age! Just as everyone has asymmetries. Good news is that both can be done in the office very easily with minimal downtime and minimal discomfort

Non-surgical Chin Augmentation -- Facial Balance

Thank you for sharing your photos and your concerns.  Everyone is naturally asymmetric and this asymmetry often worsens as we age.  If you have not had a face-to-face consult, I highly recommend you first visit a cosmetic specialist as 2-D photos do not accurately indicate what you may need.  Aging is three dimensional -- it is a combination of dynamic and static changes.  For example, I simply chat and meet a person the first 5-10 minutes of a new evaluation.  As we mature, facial muscles often hypertrophy (get larger and stronger) thereby accentuating volume loss.  It is important to view a person from all angles to understand the light reflex and what may be "aging" the person.  From your photos, your plastic or dermatologic surgeon may be correct in suggesting a chin augmentation may better balance your face.  There are several non-surgical (reversible) options that can improve the chin projection.  You may simply need some neuromodulator (#Botox, #Dysport, #Xeomin) to soften a strong mentalis (chin) muscle.  Sculptra may or not may be the best option for you.  It is important for you to first discuss your cosmetic annoyances / desires to your physician.  After the discussion, you can partner with your physician to create a customized plan that will meet YOUR needs, not the physician's needs.Best of luck,Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.#chin, #nose, #cheeks, #lips, #augmentation, #fillers, #neuromodulators, #Sculptra, #Restylane, #Voluma, #Vobella, #Volift, #Juvederm, #Radiesse, #Belotero, #Bellafill, #plasticsurgery, #dermatology, #cosmeticdermatology, #cosmeticsurgery, #Houston, #Texas, #RefreshDermatology, #Chilukuri

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon