Sclerotherapy choices. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi I am thinking about sclerotherapy and called a couple of places and went on consultation in one place. They all seem to use Sclerodex but the price difference is huge. What could be the reason for that given that all are MDs with experience in the proceadure? My veins are not so bad but we have them in family and I am starting to notice them so better sooner than later. Thc

Best sclerosant to treat leg spider and reticular veins

Sclerodex is not FDA approved in the USA. I would run away from any practice that uses Sclerodex.

Sotradecol and Polidicanol are FDA approved for treatment of cosmetically disturbing visible leg veins. I use both as liquid and as a foam and have the only 100% satisfaction guarantee in the USA on leg spider vein treatment.

Find a Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine to treat your veins or someone who treats just veins.

Tampa Phlebologist

Sclerotherapy prices.

I do not use Sclerodex nor would I recommend its use.  Polidocanol and Sotradecol either in liquid or foam are my treatments of choice.  I would recommend that you see a physician certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine.  Price of the procedure can vary for many reasons including experience of the physician, length of the procedure and amount of veins injected.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

Thank you for your question in regards to sclerotherapy. Polidicanol or Sotradecol would be better choices since they are FDA approved while Sclerodex is not. Pricing will vary between offices. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Sclerodex

Most commonly used sclerosant are Polidocanol and Sodium tetradecol because of there effectiveness and safety, however use of sclerosant is choice of physician. Sclerodex usually is not first choice for sclerotherapy for most of the experienced vein doctors and as far as I know Sclerodex is not FDA approved yet.
I would recommend to make your selection according physician experience, credentials (must be certified by ABVLM) and preferably  at accredited vein facility.

Vahe Melkonyan, MD
Sherman Oaks Phlebologist

Sclerotherapy Results -- Asclera

I suggest asclera as this is the FDA approved produt for blood vessels in the united states.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sclerotherapy

Prices should not vary too much unless the proposed treatment is different. The other variation is depending is how experienced the surgeon is

Sameh Dimitri, MD
London Vascular Surgeon