I'm scheduled for submental lipo with rhino/bleph, but am becoming hesitant due to my age (44) & the muscles in my neck (Photo)

I'm not happy with the fat there, but what is the risk of creating saggy and poorly defined neck? Would it be better to wait until I'm ready for something more invasive later? Are there any reccomendations for something less invasive to define the area? I will address the concerns with my (highly recommended) surgeon, but want to hear opinions. Thanks!

Submental liposuction with my rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty?

• Thank you for your question about your submental liposuction.
  • I think your surgical plan is good.
  • Your plastyma muscle when tightened, however, shows a dominant thick muscle on one side.
  • If this shows through after your neck liposuction, you may need some Botox to soften that muscle.
  • Discuss this possibility with your surgeon -
  • Above all, always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Best wi

Neck Contouring / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I use kybella on the jawline and often combine with venus legacy and/or ultherapy to get better results. The number one treatment for immediate results is VASER combined with ThermiRF for skin tightening in my practice. I suggest you see an expert in facial and body scultping. Best, Dr. Emer

Neck Question

First, if you have any doubt or further questions about your surgical plan I would get a "second talk" appointment which is totally acceptable! From the pictures you posted however I don't  have a large red flag going off about "loose" skin on your neck if you do submental liposuction. You will most likely have to wear a compression garment following surgery, you are young and appear to have healthy skin. Best of Luck on your decision. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I'm scheduled for submental lipo with rhino/bleph, but am becoming hesitant due to my age (44) & the muscles in my neck

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD