Least scarring breast lift for 22 y/o with sagging breasts from weight loss? (Photo)

I have 30G/32DDD breasts which have a sag from weight gain then loss in college (~160-117 lbs)band I would love to have my full, pert breasts back without implants, and without significantly reducing areoles size. I would also like to have the least amount of scarring possible, as I scar easily and they don't heal well (raised, very dark for even minor scars). Am I a candidate for donut lift? Are there techniques other than the big 3? What are the risks of loss of sensation with each technique?

Minimal scarring after a breast lift

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Unfortunately there is no way to lift your breasts without having scars on your breast. From looking at your photos, the degree of sagging you have in your breasts, a Periareolar Mastopexy is not going to be suffice for the results you are looking for. You will require a full breast lift to raise up your nipples by reducing the skin-envelop of your breast. I would recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon where you can view Before/After photographs, and have a frank discussion with him/her about the risks and benefits of the procedure.

Minimal scarring breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.

The Ultimate Breast Lift method provides maximum lift with minimal scarring without the extra cost, risks and complications associated with breast implants. Please view the video below to see what can be accomplished with current breast lifting technology. The UBL method does not interfere with breastfeeding or nipple sensitivity. A donut mastopexy is not strong enough to give you the results you are seeking.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Full breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I do not think you would be satisfied with the result you would obtain from a donut lift.  Instead, you should consider a full (anchor) breast lift.  Although there will be scarring on your breasts, I have found that this technique gives far superior results compared to others and almost exclusively perform it alone at my practice.  Nonetheless, you need to be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Least scarring breast lift for 22 y/o with sagging breasts from weight loss?

Thank you for your question.  I don't think that a donut lift would work in your case.  For a more reasonable result in terms of a lift with the least scarring, a vertical mastopexy with a lollipop incision would be a better option.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Least scarring breast lift for a 22y/o?

Thank you for your question and I can understand your desire to minimize scarring.  Unfortunately there is always a trade off between scarring and improved shape and contour.  Though a full discussion of your desired results would be needed, you will need a stronger lift - vertical or anchor incision - than the donut lift.  Any incision around the areola may cause some loss of sensation but a permanent loss is rare.  Hope this helps.

Best breast Shape vs Best Scar

Plastic surgeons always weigh scar VS. shape and outcome. Is the scar worth the outcome?  In my opinion a short scar with a modest result it worse a large scar with a poor shape are really not worth the expense and bother if surgery.  The best outcomes are when the cosmetic result justifies the scar.  

In your case the breasts are slightly asymmetric and saggier past the reach of a small lift using a scar around the areola. Attempting to limit the lift to an areolar scar such as a Benelli will result in a partially lifted breast with a flattened top ( like a stepped on deflates ball) with wide sunburst scarring around the areola which stretch them into bizzare large shapes. The ideal lift for you may be a Hall-Findlay shirt Scar Mastopexy which corrects the sagging breast as well as the sagging breast skin and results in long standing results. It will require a lollipop scar but the resulting shape and duration justify in. 

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD

Breast lift options

I appreciate your concerns for scarring.  I assure you we do everything possible to reduce the scar burden as plastic surgeons.  Unfortunately, a donut lift (periareolar mastopexy) will not give you the results you desire.  At minimum a loli-pop (periareolar with a vertical scar) will be needed.  The areola size is up to your desire.  
Sensation is usually not an issue.  A breast lift alone is really on skin surgery.  I avoid dissecting into the breast tissue, therefore minimizing nerve injury.  
Scar therapy is one of my top priorities.  I start scar therapy from day one, through stages, up to a year.  For those patients I know have poor scarring I increase the protocol more aggressively.  

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Breast lift incisions

Great question.  It may be better to define the ideal breast shape that you desire to achieve. Once you have done so the type of breast lift needed will then define itself.  I suspect that a vertical or lollipop type breast lift is what you will need.  If performed properly the incisions can be nearly imperceptible.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

In my opinion- you will benefit from an anchor lift/mastopexy in order to achieve your best looking breasts. You are not a candidate for a Beneli lift - it won't do much in your case. There are always risks associated with any surgical procedures- which are best discussed at your consultation. Generally speaking, the best scar- is NO scar. However, if you wish to obtain your ideal breast then you must be willing to make the trade off. That includes- not only a finical responsibility but a full knowledge and acceptance of all of the risks. The main risk- is the scar. If you are fearful of the final scar- then perhaps you are not a good candidate for your desired procedure.

Best Breast Lift

Breast lift after weight loss (good work BTW) is more challenging because of the large amount of excess skin. I would opt for a lift using your own tissues to create a fuller, more rounded look.  I do not think a Benelli (or donut scar) type of lift will be a powerful enough operation to get you where you want to be.

I think a lollipop lift (LeJour style) with EMrabce for scar contriol after surgery would get you the best results.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS